on 5 May 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the books of the Imaginarium Geographica. It was great fun imagining and reading about famous writers, philosophers and prophets, seeing bits of their possible personalities. It almost brought them back alive and as most of them are greatly admired people, the idea that they could still be around, influencing happenings and literature made these books very endearing. I'm sure many people would jump at the possibility at talking to and listening to these great personalities and the book almost gives one the feeling one is doing so, even though it is all of course made up... or not?!... a real Imaginarium Geographica... ;-)
I thought it was very interesting to find connections between books, mythologies and legends. Throughout reading the book I was kept alert looking and finding all the bits and bobs of learned and read knowledge. Several times I could recall a little "aha" effect. It just all seems that little bit possible and the recurrences of known people and legends made it all the more interesting. Thank you for some great books!
on 23 January 2015
Yay I finally have this book thank you
on 19 December 2008
Untalented narrative, uninspirational story and completely disrespectful to the creative writers of all times. If you don't get bored in the first pages and leave this book aside, you will see that the writer takes the writers you admire and makes them act stupidly, talk stupidly, and even critisize other writers stupidly. If I were a fledgling writer, I would definitely refrain from making assumptions about and using geniuses of literature in my upstart writing. I'm not sure this criticism will appear on this page, but this book has annoyed me so much that I can't be more graceful than the writer has been.

Please, Mr Owen, leave our writers alone and work a little harder.