on 30 March 2010
This is Robin Sharma at his epic story telling best. An allegorical tale that inspires, enthuses and makes one want to take on the world. 'I could'nt put it down' It should be distributed to all the staff in any organisation and watch productivity, profits, and harmony grow!!!
on 12 December 2013
I thought I would be inspired but found the book absolutely awful to read as I felt that it was written for a child to be read at bedtime. The central character is a grandad like character that would appeal to the imagination of a child who hangs on to the innate notion that older, wiser people are always worth listening to. I am not at all sure who would benefit from this book.
on 19 August 2014
I haven't yet finished the book, but I'm a good 70% of the way through, and to be honest I haven't picked it back up for about a month now. Unfortunately I feel this book treats you too much like a child (as another reviewer also mentioned), as the messages are portrayed through simple minded stories. I feel like I'm reading the same thing over and over again, with these messages and 'life rules' being repeated constantly. I guess the intention was to make the messages stick in your mind with emphasis, but unfortunately for me the repetitive nature of the book feels tedious. The book definitely has very optimistic content, but I didn't feel I could apply the teachings in my own life. It tells you how you can be this 'great and wonderful leader', but the reality for most normal people is that this won't happen, due to many other factors and circumstances preventing it.

The book offers some nice ideas, but not my kind read.
on 23 August 2015
Excellent book, my cousin also bought one and loved it.
It conveys the messages with simplicity. I see people complaining about the acronyms, Don't forget there are many personality types so what doesn't mean anything to you might help someone else. The book was written to fit as many people as possible which is why it feels a bit "childish".

As when I'm reading books I'm focused in extracting useful information, I simply ignore anything that I can't use. Found the book quite good and worth reading more than once.

If you buy but don't like it, I suggest you give it to someone you know who has a different type of personality and see if they like it. :-)
on 21 January 2016
I have so read a few of Robins books, but I love this one...I even have a little notepad to jot down anything that pop's out of the pages...Great for business and personal life too...Great read..
on 15 January 2016
I have read other books by Robin Sharma and I did not find him saying anything new in this book. I was disappointed with this one. May be if you have not read his other books, you might enjoy it.
on 1 October 2010
I really liked the underlying message in this book, some really good learning points, however the whole LWT (Lead Without Title) branding and the primary school story telling really put me off, I found myself cringing many times at what I was reading, I want the author to just give me the message without having to treat me like a kid by building a silly story around it to keep me interested. I would love to refer back to certain parts but I just can't bear sifting through the tripe story-telling to get what I need. Leadership information like this, I believe, needs to be referred to over and over for it to seep into your psyche, but I can't bear to read through this book again, I might higlight the important points, the author does place some of the more key points in italics which helps.
Unlike our story hero, Blake, I can't take a van full of information that's fed to me in one day and suddenly on Monday morning go about my life a completely new person having absorbed everything that I heard on the previous Friday... please.
Again - just give me the information like an adult and let me do with it what I will.
on 20 June 2016
This is one of the most inspiring books I've ever read. Very easy to read and very motivating to always do your best. Excellent quotes to remember and to live by. If everyone in the world would live by this book the world would be a much better place. This books represents what I believe in and inspires me to become better every day.
on 12 March 2011
I love the way Robin Sharma finds a fun the way to teach, to pass on a message. And the message in this book is absolutely beautiful, everyone should know how to lead without a tittle, be the best they can be at life!
Reading this book was fun, it was light and very helpful, a reminder and very inspirational.
on 28 November 2014
I don't read books often at all and just wanted something to read whilst on the train to and from work.
Some of the other reviewers are right the story itself is pretty straight forward and he's not going to win any awards for storytelling but it was the story telling nature of the book that made it easy to read, personally I think if someone had given me a bullet pointed slide deck of "rules" to follow or guidance, i'd have ignore it and moved on.

I'd also like to say that some of the advice in the book is rehashed and repetitive but that doesn't make it any less effective if you take the main points out of it. I wanted a business book and I got a less serious, more inspiring book than I had bargained for which has genuinely inspired me to make some changes in the way I live my life and conduct myself in this world.

Ask me again in 6 months if I am still following the guidance in this book? Well that remains to be see, I guess it's to be continued....