5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book
This is an inspired and inspiring book, an essential book.

In these times of impending ascension, it is imperative that we all open our hearts. This book is a key factor for us to achieve this goal.

Published on 25 Aug 2011 by Iona Main Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother
Please don't by this unless you have PDF version too. I made this mistake. I don't have the PDF version that she keeps referring to, so it really does not make too much sense. I have tried to contact Marci Shimoff, left her a message, still waiting for her to get back to me...... very disappointed.
Published on 13 Feb 2011 by Elizabeth

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book, 25 Aug 2011
Iona Main Stewart (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love (Paperback)
This is an inspired and inspiring book, an essential book.

In part II The Love for No Reason Programme Marci presents various doorways, one for each chapter, each doorway representing one of the seven chakras. She provides two love keys for each doorway together with useful exercises. She also includes many personal stories, told in the first person, to illustrate her theme. (I really enjoyed these stories, all of them.)

Throughout the book she cites innumerable "Love Luminaries", renowned, extremely loving persons, who have succeeded in opening their hearts. Some of these are well-known, others less so.

Marci presents innumerable valuable techniques by which we can open our hearts. She includes scientific evidence to back up her statements. Obviously, learning to love oneself is essential and there is a complete chapter devoted to this.

One of the techniques I most enjoy is that of "beaming" love to people. I have previously just sent love mentally, but now I've learnt to beam love from heart to heart. I've been in ecstasy all day from doing this - it really opens the heart and makes it ache in a wonderful way. It is a delightful technique.

I've personally discovered that one can beam to large groups of people at once for an even stronger effect (on oneself). Marci states that if you beam love to dogs they notice (people generally don't) and look at you interestedly. I tried out the technique on a dog walking with its master in a park. The two were at least 100 metres away, perhaps more, on another path than myself, but the dog immediately turned its head and looked at me intently, as I continued beaming to it, until we'd moved away from each other. Even the dog's owner noticed that it was unusually interested in me, for apparently no reason.

This book is an absolute delight, the most enjoyable book I've read, perhaps ever, and also one of the most important. It is one I shall have to purchase. It's also a wonderful idea for a gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: Love for No Reason (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unconditional Love - An Evolutionary Necessity, 19 Jan 2012
"Love: The Final Frontier" is the promising title to the introduction of Marci Shimoff's broad and deep look at Higher Love. This is an intriguing start to what appears to be an old topic. But don't be fooled. This is a new look at a quality that we sorely need in the world today.

Marci is a clear, enjoyable and easy to understand writer who manages to appeal to both the uninitiated and the advanced practitioner with her fast paced style. I really enjoyed and learned from this book, despite my many years of personal and spiritual development!

In Part I she helps you assess where you are on the "Love Continuum": from "No Love" (hate, fear, resistance) to "Love for Bad Reason" (filling a void), to "Love for Good Reason" (healthy relationships) and finally to "Love for No Reason" (an inner state of pure love). This continuum shows the transformational movement from Conditional to Unconditional Love.

To access unconditional love has always been a high aim in spiritual development and not something you would learn about in the mainstream market. Since the overused word "love" is generally about romantic love, Marci is making a transformational leap by introducing such an advanced concept to the ordinary reader. And she does a great job. This is no heavy spiritual treatise, but a light, fast moving, fascinating and interesting approach that makes this kind of higher love not only understandable but desirable and, above all, obviously attainable.

She debunks many myths about love and fills the book with inspiring and amazing stories to illustrate her points. Through interviews with "Love Luminaries" (those adept at practicing Higher Love) she offers techniques and tools to help the reader access the process of moving up the Love Ladder. The exercises run from quite easy and simple to advanced methods that are usually not available to the average reader. These exercises help you to move through the blocks and hindrances that stand in the way of opening the heart.

An innovative and creative use of the body's 7 energy centers or Chakras as the doorways to the ascending aspects of love becomes the central structure of the book. The reader is taken through each doorway, from the most basic to the highest level, one step at a time. This comprehensive approach helps you to gradually expand your capacity for love, awakening this natural force that exists in everyone.

Half a year ago I recommended this book to a friend who had lost her husband two years ago yet found herself unable to move on. When we met at a conference some time later, she told me that she really loved the book and was working through the chapters by doing the exercises. She even had it with her and showed me how far she had gotten. I didn't see her for a couple of months but the next time we met I noticed that she looked quite different. I asked her what her secret was for looking so young and alive. She smiled widely and told me that she had fallen in love with an old friend and happily told me the whole story! What a shock. Well well.... I can't help but wonder if the book had anything to do with this....

Mara Senese
[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Read, 20 May 2011
Really Enjoyed the positive message I got from this book plus it has many suggested further resources to explore.
Don't let the odd choice in title and cover put you off!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, for No Reason, 28 Mar 2011
I absolutely LOVE 'LOVE For No Reason'. It is exactly what we all need right now. In 7 steps Marci Shimoff guides us through learning loving ourselves, totally and unconditionally, loving ourselves, no matter what. And from this strength we extend our love to our fellow humans, to all sentient beings, to the globe.
The 7 steps are based on our power centres in the body, also known as chakras. We learn that we do not have 'to be good' to deserve loving ourselves, and other people do not need to be in sinc with us to deserve our love - we love, because we love, because it feels good and is even good for us. Marci Shimoff shows us how to love independantly of outside circumstances.
A book for the new era and all who want to feel good.

[[ASIN:1847377696 Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love]

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing must read, 29 Aug 2014
Winter (West Tofts, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is transforming my life and saving my marriage. It helped me see how I was good at receiving love but not at giving it.. Just becoming aware of this has changed the way I respond and opened me to much greater happiness. I tried to read some of the other books in the same vein but most of them are based on religion which just didn't work for me. This gets straight to the nub of the problem and enables you to make changes. Try it and see

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 4 Feb 2014
One of the best books I've ever read. Perfect.this just clicks and enables you to think about how you will give and allow yourself to receive unconditional love

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefect Item, 15 Feb 2013
The book arrived in time. Copy perfect. Her steps are all very easy to follow and easy to implement in a busy schedule.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely peaceful read, 22 April 2011
I enjoyed this book immensely. Having read hundreds of similar type books this one really gave a different message. So glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Love for No Reason (Audio CD)
It's been a while since I listened to this but I remember it was very good and several of my friends borrowed it and thoroughly enjoyed it. A great way to pass the time if you spend lots of time in your car. Highly recommended

Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love