5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing person
This is an excellent book about an amazing person. Recommended by my son's swimming coach and very inspirational.
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by J. Gregory

3.0 out of 5 stars Also try Beneath the Surface
Published 9 months ago by Beaniehatz

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing person, 19 Oct 2010
J. Gregory "busy mum" (north west) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Also try Beneath the Surface, 30 Dec 2013
This is very similar to another Phelps autobiography I have read and i actually prefer Beneath The Surface as it has a lot more personal content and detail about how Phelps trained with his coach and became the Olympian he is today. However what is not to love about reading about an amazing athlete and how he trained to become what he is, so whilst only 3 stars from me others may enjoy if they are reading about Phelps for the first time. Inspiring story. My daughter is a young teen and is reading and it's fine for her to understand, Very simply written. There is a lot about swim times which could bore the average reader but of interest to those who swim. I'm also a Brit and it is a bit American patriotic in places but if he was a Brit I would expect nothing less!

4.0 out of 5 stars Michael Phelps' enduring journey to the pinnacle of the sports world, 28 May 2010
Alvaro J. R. Neto (London) - See all my reviews
To get the negative out of the way, the reason why I don't give the book a five star is because the language used is not all that captivating. It's written by Phelps himself, and he's not a poet.

The four star goes solely on the story being told. No limits is a fitting name to his journey.

Though Phelps' story is not all that different from other stories of extraordinary achievement - extreme dedication, extreme preparation and extreme passion for one's craft - he puts it in the context of what his body had to endure, and the mindset he has that allows him to overcome all to reach his definite goals.

I haven't read many books on sportsmen's journeys to stardom, but I would assume that most of them are not very different to what Michael Phelps describes. That takes nothing away from the value of this book: I read it and felt inspired to achieve my goals and to overcame whatever may need to be overcome. Yes, we have heard the same story before, still purposeful to read about how someone, another human being, went through the prescribed route of dedication and perseverance, and did indeed come out on top - no cinderella story, instead the story of someone who didn't give a damn about what he wasn't supposed to be able to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gift, 9 Jan 2010
Mrs. Anita M. Smith (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this audio CD as a gift for a partially sighted friend. She absolutely adores it and says it will be listened to over and over :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 9 Jun 2014
He is a hero and has achieved what nobody else has. Having read many sportstar's autobiographies, what I have come to realise is that the best have to lead monotonous, uninteresting lives... The most rock n roll things Phelps ever did was drive once while he was over the Limit. I am not condemning him. Like I said he is a hero!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring book, 19 Aug 2013
My son of 12yrs couldn't put this book down and he was amazed and inspired by Phelps and his attitude to his sport from a young age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 May 2013
Christos Markou (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
Really worthwhile reading for anyone interested in sports!
Each chapter is linked to one of the eight gold medals in Beijing.
I found it interesting to watch the corresponding race after reading each chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirining, 24 Aug 2012
Uenna (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Another inspiring book from Micheal Phleps et al. No Limits continues from where Beneath the Surface ended and details his prepations for the 2008 games and the 2008 games and beyond. His story is not only very interesting it is very inspiring.I wonder if he will write about his London olympics?This book can inspire anyone in any endeavour or profession. It is not just about swimming but about living a purpose filled life, setting goals and working hard to achieve them. He is simply remarkable and I recommend this book heartily.

5.0 out of 5 stars A glimpse of true greatness, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: No Limits: The Will to Succeed (Hardcover)
The book continually floods the reader with anecdotes related to the performances that phelps had en route to the 2008 olympics. Every page includes an anecdote about phelps or another swimmer whom set a record, a fitting pattern which really encapsulates the drive and determination that phelps has. The backbone of the book is about goal setting, and to any person involved in playing, coaching or educating within sport; the book acts as a guide to how goal setting is imperative; not just in sport but in life too. An easy read, would recommend to anyone interested in sport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 29 Dec 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I'd recommend this to anybody who enjoys swimming - especially younger swimmers.

I read it cover-to-cover and felt that the book did a great job of telling Phelps' story and providing some much needed inspiration for my own swimming.

No Limits: The Will to Succeed
No Limits: The Will to Succeed by Michael Phelps (Hardcover - 9 Dec 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01