5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and inspiring

1.0 out of 5 stars not what i needed
Published on 27 Nov 2010 by Ms. Sl Wilson-dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and inspiring, 16 Nov 2013
S. Foster "island girl" (Droitwich Spa, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Leader in Me: How Schools and Parents Around the World are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book if your are any kind of educator of children. I own and manage a small private day nursery and after reading this book, decided to use the principles with my pre school children (aged 3/4). They picked up the concept really well and the results were astonishing. It had a positive effect on the behaviour of all the children, particularly those with challenging behaviour although it is not specifically aimed at those children. It links with The 7 Habits of Happy Kids (Sean Covey)and we now have a set furry of animals to support the programme which has encouraged them to engage at a new level. As a parent I have also used the activities which I found on line as well as the linked 7 Habits on line games. I honestly believe if this was used in schools we would have a better society! It is that powerful.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what i needed, 27 Nov 2010
I found this not very helpful in real practical terms relating to self help for stressed mums. I guess it depends on what you're expecting. If it's a practical guide for yourself then forget it. if an interesting load of facts on trials in this/that school..etc etc then cool..but useless to me to be honest. Though i hate being negative. I do like to be honest. I listened to half and was so pissed off and bored i had to turn it off i seem to remember. I found that how to listen so your kids will talk and talk so your kids will listen much much more helpful and have only bothered listening to that cd over and over as it is halpful for me, a british mother with 2 lively individual strong willed boys age 5 and 8 and single mum.