on 3 February 2011
Amazing with clear instructions and accurate measurements - I would highly recommend that book to anybody who bakes or would like to learn baking bread and other delicious treats. Up till now I have made white, brown, and spelt flour breads as well as milk buns, French loaf, also baguettes, ciabattas, feta and olives loaf (three times as it's my husband's favourite), even bagels and muffins, and to please my dad-in-law - panettone - and I have that book for less than a month :-) I am over the moon as I've discovered I can actually bake. It's easy with that book as everything is explained in the easiest possible way; thank you.
on 7 June 2009
this is a great book with lots of classical bread recipes, easy enough to follow and giving good results. I have tried 6 different loaves so far and the croissants and pain au chocolat, they have all been yummy. And I am eager to try some others. The breadmachine is definitely out of job since I have received this book!
on 27 October 2009
This is a brilliant book! Like the book on making Preserves, it is easy to read, easy to use and the pictures are great! I highly recommend this book
on 18 July 2010
I love making bread at home and this is by far the best book for that purpose. Over 100 of brilliant recipe for home baking. I loved the milk bread and Danish!
on 1 March 2011
As a beginner in bread making, I found this book very useful. It starts with a section on correcting faults - helpful to me when some of my loaves turned out more like bricks! A good straightforward guide to making a wide range of breads.
on 1 February 2010
This book gives clear, simple directions for wonderfully tasty recipes, making it simple to produce delicious bread at home. It all beats the gunk turned out by my breadmaking machine hands down! Highly recommended.
on 14 May 2011
After many years of not making bread at home and then the owner of a bread machine, which I did not particularly like I thought I would give making bread by hand again now that I am an OAP! This book brought back all of the basic and many more excellent ideas and recipes. I have now tried many of them and will be making all of my bread in future.

Wonderful!
on 5 April 2011
I BOUGHT THIS BOOK AS I WANTED TO START MAKING BREAD AGAIN BUT NOT IN THE BREADMAKER, I WANTED TO FEEL ALL DOMESTIC GODDESSY AND HOLIER THAN THO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE BREAD RECIPES ARE DIVERSE AND INTERESTING, THERE ARE SOME LOVELY IDEAS AND I HAVE MADE A FEW LOAVES BUT WILL DEFINITELY BE MAKING MORE, THIS IS THE BEST BREAD MAKING BOOK I HAVE (BELIEVE ME - I HAVE MANY)

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 February 2012
There are a large number of recipes for bread in this book as well as information about the art of producing the perfect loaf. I have tried several and all have been delicious, my favourite being wheatgerm. Others range from basic white and easy brown to all manner of loaves with interesting additions such as fennel, oregano and pine Nuts. The sections are: basic breads, plain and savoury, sugar and spice, celebration time (with an account of the historic/ethnic background) and yeast free, gluten free or wheat free. There are very detailed instructions and some tempting photographs. It does assume that you will knead manually but I have blithely ignored this and used the dough hooks on my hand-held blender with perfect results. It is lovingly produced and would make a good present for any domestic goddess.
on 17 June 2013
Without doubt the best book I've found on bread making. far superior to "Bread" by Paul Hollywood. Lots of everyday breads as well as the more exotic. Superb whether you're a novice or experienced bread maker. Buy this book; you won't regret it! Far superior to most of the "Celeb" chefs' renderings. No pretentious twaddle!