on 28 May 2010
I love to read books on people who push the boundaries of human endeavour. Having read Books such as Lance armstrong's "its not about the bike"; Dean Karnazes "Ultramarathon man" and Ranulph Fiennes "Beyond the limits" I had somewhat become de-sensitized from these books and have found it difficult to experience that "Cant put down, Gripping" feeling. However having seen Lewis Pugh on T.v last year and hearing of his achievements I pre ordered his book and waited patiently. - I was not disappointed!!

"Achieving the impossible" reveals the traits of a man who could achieve anything he put his mind to. Experiencing his success and set backs really portrayed the character of the man well. It does seem impossible to believe his achievement throughout his life. He has a C.V to rival any man!

This book is a must read! and what makes it stand out ahead of the others is that he is modest and thankful for all the support he has received throughout his life. The book also displays an intelligent, ulterior message of the need to protect the environment whilst not detracting from the novel of the human polar bear.

Don't hesitate to read this book.
on 24 June 2016
I saw Lewis when he was speaking at an event as a motivational speaker. Later, I was put through the mill when I became the CIO of a government authority - at a time when dealing with an inordinate amount of overhead on top of the day job. Reading this book gave a great deal of personal strength and helped me through what seemed "impossible times". I admire this man more than any other and follow him on social media.
on 7 January 2011
I got this book after hearing about his swim in the North Pole in - 1.7 C. I had been struggling to swim in 12 C in the sea, so I was interested to see how he could do it!
He has done some amazing swims all over the world, Norway, South Africa, Antarctica to name a few, each time pushing his body and mind to the limit.

I really enjoyed the book and was a bit sad when I got to the end! He is truly an inspiration.
on 31 October 2011
I was lucky enough to hear Lewis Pugh talk at an event recently - a truly inspirational man! This book is definitely worth a read if you are remotely interested in adventure and what motivates people. He has undertaken some incredible physical challenges to raise awareness of climate change and to make people sit up and listen.
on 6 May 2013
I bought it because my Niece and Nephew were mentioned in it as they were frinds of Gordon and I wanted to keep it in memory of my late Nephew. Apart from those personal reasons, there is some facinating reading.
on 19 April 2014
An inspirational book on how it is possible to achieve whatever it is you set your mind to through developing your mental toughness, never giving up and believing in yourself.
on 10 December 2014
Fascinating book, what an amazing and inspiring man