Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 June 2011
This is just what I was looking for when my best friend decided to make me her bridesmaid and wanted help with organising her vintage themed wedding. It has some brilliant ideas about how to theme your wedding according to the period - so if you want to know how to have a Great Gatsby style wedding you'll know exactly what sort of canapes, drinks and table decorations to have, not to mention the beautiful range of dresses to drool over! I'd recommend this book to anyone who is planning a wedding for the practical aspects, but I would also recommend it to people who just love looking at gorgeous wedding dresses! All of you who were fascinated by Catherine Middleton's dress should find this book equally fascinating. Oh, and it also talks about the meaning behind lots of wedding rituals and traditions - great for entertaining your dinner companion with at the wedding breakfast!!
on 5 October 2012
Vintage Weddings was logically and attractively set out. It covered the most part of the 20th century and avoided the pitfall of focusing too much on just top designers. One very emotional picture of a bride leaving her bombed out home with her father during ww2 was not detracted from by mawkish captions.
In addition to the changing style of the wedding dress the author also included floral arrangements, reception foods and even musical tastes.
I bought this book as a gift for a friend. She was delighted with it and I know she will use it as an inspiration for her own work.
on 5 June 2011
This book is full of fantastic references, illustrated by beautiful vintage wedding photos.
I found it indispensable when researching a wedding dress design for my niece.
Full of themed wedding ideas also.Vintage Weddings
on 18 February 2013
I bought this for a friend, as she was organising her wedding. And she absolutely loved it. She loved looking at the beautiful pictures and finding out the significance of different wedding traditions (eg the wedding ring). It made a great present.
on 15 June 2013
I am a florist and also a lover of couture fashion/design and this book offers both- beautiful photographs of vintage style gowns and of floral designs and bridal bouquets through the decades.True vintage! Extremely helpful to me in my business to achieve an accurate vision of requests from brides who have specific decade vintage themes for their wedding look in mind.
on 14 March 2016
I bought this book so I could have a general history of wedding fashion. There is also a section where it gives you themes for a recreation of weddings through the decades.