4.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by Chris

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on 6 Sep 2009 by R. O'Brien

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Nov 2010
This review is from: Play Better Golf: The Only Golf Instruction Manual You Will Ever Need To Buy (Paperback)
I am a 2 Handicap golfer and have been playing this game for over 9 years and for the first time i have found a book that deals with getting round the course. I have read so many books but none of them go into or explan in the same detail how to get round the golf course as weel as the Author does in this book. A must read chapter also worth a look is putting. What advise the Author offers here has made me re-think my whole putting mind set and challenges as well as corrects some of those idiots that call them selves the #1 putting coaches. Great book, will put this in my top three golf books on golf. Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Golf book, 22 April 2012
An excellent book for golfers. After renting it from the library its nice to have our own copy Will be read, cover to cover.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 Sep 2009
R. O'Brien (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I was looking forward to getting my teeth into this book but was left very disappointed. The book tried to encapsulate every aspect of golf in one concise and thin book. It didnt work. It starts off by outlining players' achievements and a tip we could all learn from it. These were pages wasted as the whole point of the book is to learn lessons, not to learn history of past and present players. If I wanted to know such things, I would have purchased a book outlining history of the game.

I believe you can't underestimate the psychology of the game and indeed the short game element. It is these two aspects that lower your score. I am convinced of it. This book, in my humble opinion, gives these elements the same treatment as every other element, something I don't agree with. It is only after reading various books from Bob Rotella and Dave Pelz that you understand the real fundamentals. That is, concrete drills to practice on and mantras to remind yourself etc. Colin Hawe doesn't do enough for me. In fact, I attribute my recent yet modest successes on the golf course and in golf competitions down solely to Rotella and Pelz.

I won't be recommending Colin Hawe's book to anyone and if I decide to actually keep the book, then I can state with certainty that it will gather dust on my bookshelf.

Play Better Golf: The Only Golf Instruction Manual You Will Ever Need To Buy