5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly original!
I loved this book - imaginative, wacky, suspenseful, hilarious. Apart from the adventure, I loved all the satirical jibes about our world and how we all live. All the bits about climate change were really funny but disturbing at the same time. And the characters were brilliant. I want Sophia Loren to play ZophriaLeWren in the movie!
I have to say that I'm not a big...
Published on 16 Jun 2009 by Helen T

3.0 out of 5 stars Previous published as Tommy Storm: IGGY Knights
In 2096 the Milkyfed send an invite to Earth to send it's 5 brightest and best to compete for the right to be IGGY Knights. They're a diverse bunch and they really have no clue about it.

Published on 7 Jun 2008 by Wyvernfriend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly original!, 16 Jun 2009
Helen T (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Storm (Paperback)
I have to say that I'm not a big sci-fi fan or even a huge kids' books reader, but I'd recommend this to anyone over 10 with a wacky sense of humour (my only warning is that I'd say it's a bit advanced for anyone under 10 years old).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant humour, 20 May 2008
This review is from: Tommy Storm (Paperback)
In this comical and imaginative creation, Tommy Storm, a young stuttering boy is catapulted into outer space to make his mark on the Universe and to save his beloved planet earth. The imagination here abounds with humour; Crazy space games, food and greetings have been concocted by a master storyteller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking space adventures, 25 Mar 2008
E. Jenkins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Storm (Paperback)
You'd better be wide awake from the moment you open Tommy Storm as it is action packed from the first words. The jokes are fast and furious and laugh-out-loud funny, and clever twists all the way through keeps up the pacy momentum. Very, very clever and witty. I hope we get further installments.

5.0 out of 5 stars laughing up a storm, 7 Mar 2008
David Mc Donald (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Storm (Paperback)
It's a blast! A whole new quirky world. Loved the 'Extra-Bits' at the end.
A must read for all Wisebeardyfaces everywhere
Viva Tommy. Looking forward to the next one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Previous published as Tommy Storm: IGGY Knights, 7 Jun 2008
Wyvernfriend (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tommy Storm (Paperback)

This is a paint-by-numbers story. It takes many of the SF cliches and drags them through funny to laboured. We have the pseudo-Jedi, the "hilarious" misnomers about different customs, the belaboured accents, the silly names, all in all done before and better stuff.

This book is nearly a 2* book. There are some moments of hilarity but it really tries hard and doesn't succeed in being either original or truly funny, at least not for me. The slapstick is crude and you can see the author trying to be funny but failing. The reason I gave it a 3* is because occasionally there are laugh out loud moments but truly this is a disappointment of a book. I kept hoping that things would improve as I read on only to end up with a bad feeling in my mouth at the end, like gorging on junk food.

If you like slapstick, try this one, if you've read a fair number of other humourous writers like Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett this will come as nothing new and will in fact bore.

Tommy Storm
Tommy Storm by A.J. Healy (Paperback - 6 Mar 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01