5.0 out of 5 stars A real, on-the-ground account of the 1916 Rising and a revelation of an inspiring leader, 6 Jun. 2013
Mary Hatch "Mary Monks" (Delta., British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This book brought me right into the 1916 Rising (as no book before it has done) in a way that was very real and personal -- not in a highly dramatic fashion, but featuring real, flesh and blood people in a situation that was extraordinary. I felt that I was there, in those streets where my own family members lived and worked, and I probably thought for the first time about how these events must have shaken their world and changed their lives.

As well, and above all, it painted a picture of a seemingly unexceptional man who, suddenly finding himself in an exceptional situation, became an inspirational and noble leader, and of the inspiring family he came from.

I look forward with eager anticipation to the author's next book in this series about another family member, Tom Clarke.

5.0 out of 5 stars A determined man !, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Edward Daly: 16Lives (Paperback)
Edward Daly lead by example, in the right cause , gave everything to free Ireland from centuries of bondage!he answered the call and paid with his life . It was the first of the sixteen I read & a remarkable book . I hope to complete the series.Surely a lesson to be learnt here from today's slack politicians leading Ireland into oblivion !

Edward Daly: 16Lives
Edward Daly: 16Lives by Helen Litton (Paperback - 18 Mar. 2013)