5.0 out of 5 stars Kerry Walks

2.0 out of 5 stars ~A little overrated
Published on 30 Oct. 2012 by P. G. Foxe

5.0 out of 5 stars Kerry Walks, 1 May 2010
Cunorix (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I completed all of the suggested walks in the Dingle section of the book in April 2010. Out of all the walking guides on the Dingle peninsula (and there are quite a few) this is by far the best. The love and knowledge that Mr Corcoran has for of the history, flora and fauna of the land is apparant on every page. His hand-drawn maps and wildlife drawings add to the warmth and charm of the guide and I can honestly say that the book enhanced my enjoyment of walking in Kerry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and informative book, 29 April 2010
Paul Delaney (Grays,Essex) - See all my reviews
Bought this book for a last minute walking holiday in Kerry.I found the book really informative and invaluable.Completed three of the walks in the book in the five days that I stayed in Kenmare,Co Kerry.The nature of the walks (which included information about the fauna and flora in the area)were very descriptive.A lot of these walks were off the beaten track and I never saw a soul!!.The walks were well defined and each had a suitability rating of either casual,moderate or tough.I thoroughly enjoyed the informative nature of each walk given by the author.I would definately recommend this book.Let the doggies buy their own books!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discoverying natural Ireland, 20 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Kerry Walks (O'Brien Walks) (Paperback)
We used this walk book to discover wild kerry and we were not disapointed. It's a great way to get a feel of what natural Ireland is all about away from the tourist crowds. It was our first visit to Ireland and without this book our visit would not have been as rich and varried as it was.

2.0 out of 5 stars ~A little overrated, 30 Oct. 2012
P. G. Foxe "Gan Ainm" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kerry Walks (O'Brien Walks) (Paperback)
Have to say when I got this book I was looking forward to using it and we had a couple of glorious days on the Dingle Peninsula. We took the boat out to Great Blasket and tried to use the book for a walk around the island. The description of the circular walk was poor and we put the book away and proceeded on foot using our eyes and experience. Any attempts to gauge our pace and identify the landscape with the book didn't really work well at all. Perhaps some of the other walks are better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and usefull guide, with a friendly style., 17 April 2013
This review is from: Kerry Walks (O'Brien Walks) (Paperback)
I was not familiar with the south west of Ireland, and found this book very accurate and helpful. I only completed one of his walks, Torc Mountain, but it gave me confidence in understanding the terrain. I will be back, and I'll take this book with me :o)

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Kerry Walks (O'Brien Walks) (Paperback)
I bought this charming little book before a holiday in Co Kerry. Although many of the walks would have been beyond us and our young family, I found it a lovely read. Kevin is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about local flora and fauna.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug. 2014
EXCELLENT ITEM,fast delivery

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a book for dog walkers!, 7 Aug. 2007
K. Smith "Dog lover" (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book to take my dog for walks around Kerry. I assumed this book would be suitable but I was rather disappointed as soon as I read the preface of this book, Kevin Corcoran has a very negative attitude towards dogs and dog walkers in general. He assumes all dog walkers are irresponsible and do not keep their dogs under control.

Kerry Walks (O'Brien Walks)
Kerry Walks (O'Brien Walks) by Kevin Corcoran (Paperback - 7 Mar. 2011)