4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for young readers, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Missing Kitten (Holly Webb Animal Stories) (Paperback)
My six year old girl and I have been reading The Missing Kitten together, and she has no problems reading it on her own too. The idea of owning a new kitten is very appealing to any young child and she has really enjoyed reading about Scarlett bringing Bootle home for the first time and learning about how she looks after him. We enjoyed reading about Bootle's adventures as he follows Scarlett to school and the concept of taking your pet to school really captured my daughter's imagination! She was a bit sad when Bootle was `lost' but as he was safe in the shed all along and you hear the story from his point of view too she didn't mind too much. I would recommend this for any young reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great chapter book for girls!, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Missing Kitten (Holly Webb Animal Stories) (Paperback)
My seven year daughter and I read Scarlett and Bootle's story together, alternating chapters. She had no difficulty reading the text which is about a girl who has just moved house, changed schools and gotten her first pet--a kitten named Bootle. While this book would be beneficial to girls who are either starting a new school, or getting a new pet, it is equally enjoyable to girls not in this position. Holly Webb did a great job of portraying Bootle's emotions and thought process, explaining why he acted as he did. My daughter is now eager to read more of the books in this series. Like an earlier reviewer mentioned, I would suggest a few more illustrations to keep younger readers better engaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet Kitten read for all cat lovers, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Missing Kitten (Holly Webb Animal Stories) (Paperback)
The Missing Kitten is a lovely sweet little book that will appeal to all cat lovers. I must admit that I read it as once I picked it up I could not put it down as I wanted to know what happened to Bootle! My daughter who is 7 read it easily too and loved how cute Bootle was.

It is written in a lovely style with a few black and white illustrations I would like to have seen a few more to help keep the younger reader interested.

The description of Bootle and how he thinks remind me so much of when my cats were kittens and of course my daughter wants a kitten now.

It would also be a great book for children to read who are moving or changing school as it deals with how Scarlett feels and the worries that she has.

This book did not appeal to my boy and I would suggest that it is more of a girl's book.

The Missing Kitten (Holly Webb Animal Stories)
The Missing Kitten (Holly Webb Animal Stories) by Holly Webb (Paperback - 4 Mar 2013)