Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 January 2014
I bought this book for my 6 year old grandson because having read the books he brought home from school as his homework I thought they were boring so decided to look for something that I thought would hold his interest. This was fun to read and any child could relate to the story. It was a joy to see him pick the book up and begin to read by himself.
on 9 May 2013
My son being 8 was given Dirty Bertie to read, this is a small paperback book that is just one of a large selection of stories. It's age range is 5+ and 7+ and priced at only £4.99 . It is made up of 3 short stories which are spilt into chapters, the layout and font is really easy to read and gives young readers a different layout of book to learn about. It has a selection of small black and white drawings thoughout the book, which are very funny and made my son smile!

My son thought this was a good book and enjoyed reading it, this book would make a nice little present or to add to your childs book collection. Although I would say my son being 8 (9 in July) that he was at the limit for the age range as it wasn't challanging enough for him.
on 23 June 2013
Review written by Fran aged 6 yrs. There were three stories in this book; one about a new tooth, one about flight and a new house and one called Hot! Which was when Dirty Bertie had to stay outside in the hot weather. My favourite story was the hot one.

Dirty Bertie is cheeky, I liked it when he poked the dentist with the big toothbrush on the wall. My best bit though was when he kept on talking to his dad on the plane, his dad got really annoyed.

Each story had short chapters and I read the book to myself. The words were easy to read and. I liked the pictures too. I would recommend it to my friends, especially the cheeky ones!
on 15 April 2013
This is a lovely, well written story of a little boy aged 7 (my son is happy as he is older at 7 and a half!) and some of the mischief he gets up to. This book is split into 3 mini stories, Toothy, Zoom and Hot! and each story has chapters. This is a great way to get young readers interested in chapter books. The writing is nice and clear, and in a font my son can easily read including some of the more difficult words. We enjoyed the humour of the first story, where Bertie and his sister Suzy are taken to the dentist by their mum. Bertie thinks that he is going to be MURDERED!! and tries to escape. Infact he has overheard a conversation and taken it the wrong way...There are some great illustrations in this book, and my son enjoyed them almost as much as the story, he spent ages counting how many teeth everyone had, and saying the dentist wasn't that scary!
My son loved this story so much he continued to read and has now finished the other two stories. Dirty Bertie is celebrating 10 years of books, and with 18 other titles advertised in this one, I am sure this wont be the last Dirty Bertie that we will read.
on 13 May 2013
Dirty Bertie is a boy with lots of disgusting habits, madcap plans and crazy ideas. This is just the sort of book my son loves and I could hear him giggling and laughing as he read this book. There are 3 stories in the book with each split into 4 chapters which make it easy to pick up and put down for younger readers. The writing is very clear and the illustrations are excellent. My son's favourite story of the three was Toothy because he said it was the funniest and he could relate to it as he hates the dentist too! He has already said he wants to read more Dirty Bertie books and fortunately as this is the 19th Dirty Bertie book we have plenty more to collect.
on 10 May 2013
Dity Bertie - Toothy is part of a collection of books about Dirty Bertie that range from noisy picture books through to chapter books. They are not designed for people of a `sensitive' disposition! But those that love smells and rudeness, like most children do will absolutely love them.My 6 year old boy loves them.

Toothy contains 3 short stories, Toothy!Zoom!and Hot! all of which are stand alone stories.

The book is ideal for free readers and for getting those reluctant boy readers into reading. These are very funny stories written in a style children find hilarious and we shall certainly be getting some more Dirty Bertie books.
on 23 May 2013
Now I can't really write a review as such, as my 7 year old whisked this one straight into his room to read independently, but what I can tell you is the belly laughter and shrieks that came from his bedroom, had us all wanting to read this book! I asked my son what he thought of the book and his three words were "funny, cheeky and gross". Just what any 7 year old wants from a book!
on 19 August 2013
A good read for my 9 year old son who likes all the Dirty Bertie books. He definitely recommends it.
on 21 August 2015