5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage delight
Published on 10 Nov 2011 by Stephen Turnbull

2.0 out of 5 stars good
good
Published 5 months ago by Duncan Parkey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage delight, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Vintage Children's Favourites (Timeless Children's Songs) (Audio CD)
I originally bought a copy of this disc about three years ago because I remembered most of the songs from my own childhood in the late 50s/60s - and some of them were knocking on a bit even then! I believe "The Laughing Policeman" was recorded in 1926; "The Runaway Train" in 1934. But when my grandchildren came to live with me a couple of years ago they asked for something to listen to in the car and this was all I had. I put it on and they loved it, and have listened to it so many times that the CD started to develop faults and I had to buy a replacement. So now, when it goes on, it goes on for the children's benefit, but I still get a warm glow every time I listen to it. One of my best ever record purchases: pure magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childrens CD, 5 July 2013
Mrs. S. M. Usher (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A blast from the past! Reminds me of listening to the radio when I was growing up. My 3 year old grandson loves it & we singalong during car journeys. Be warned, the lyrics can be politically incorrect, but harmless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Memories, 10 Jun 2013
This was a great purchase.The tracks are the originals and bring back great memories. Delivery was fast - in fact it was early. I would recommed this CD and the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Nov 2012
L. Wittenberg - See all my reviews
Brilliant CD: my grandchildren are enjoying these songs as much as I always did - and as much as I am now! Sound quality is excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars vintage childrens cd, 12 Aug 2013
This is a good cd. lot of songs that you have forgotten about, but soon comes back to you. suprising how many you do not recognise though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cd for us oldies who remember the songs 1, 29 Mar 2013
husband and I loved this. our granddaughter however at 19months old is still into the wheels on the bus and not
quite ready for this. but it is only a matter of time!! Great cd for older kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs that are part o our culture., 22 Sep 2013
It more than lived up to expectations. Songs just as I remember them from my own childhood, then we played them to our kids and now it's the turn of our first grandchild.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Home Should Have One, 10 May 2013
This cd has brought back so many memories. Songs that I used to sing along with myself an now my great grandchildren are finding just as entertaining.
Absolutely wonderful. Perfect for afternoon playtime or in the car, children (and parents alike!) just can't help themselves from singing along with them.
Just perfect. I can't praise this collection high enough. 5 stars is too low!

2.0 out of 5 stars good, 8 July 2014
good

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant trip down memory lane as well as a sharing experience with Grandkids, 8 May 2013
Great! Children loved it, we (grandparents) loved it! A lovely 'SingalongaMax'. soem of the old favorites have been passed on to the next generation.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Vintage Children's Favourites (Timeless Children's Songs)