5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Can identify with this but not sure it's been of any help
Published 4 months ago by sharonc1969

5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting, 10 Mar 2006
There seems to be a lack of books specifically aimed at those who have lost parents. I found this one accidentally and am so glad I did. Whilst it won't be of help to everyone in that situation, I personally found that at the right time, this book was an enormous comfort. It was so reassuring to realise I wasnt the only one to be experiencing the kinds of feelings I was and that they were all part of the grieving process. Not all parts were relevant to me but there were nights when this book was my rock. I would recommend anyone feeling lost or wanting to understand more about what they are going through has a look at this book. Even if one thing in it helps you, it will be worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book., 19 Mar 2013
A helpful book when I lost my father recently. It is written in a positive style and I found it comforting.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Losing a Parent: Coming Through a Special Loss (Paperback)
Addressed the many concerns and worries we all have on losing a parent. Knowing that your deepest thoughts are understandable and acceptable, and grief is a very personal thing, we each deal with it in our own way. Reading the book helped when I couldn't turn to my other parent, or even reach her during a very upsetting time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A step forward, 27 Dec 2012
My first attempt to truly understand the ins and outs of my grief, having lost dad just over a year ago. Recommended read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Losing a Parent: Coming Through a Special Loss (Paperback)
Can identify with this but not sure it's been of any help

Losing a Parent: Coming Through a Special Loss
Losing a Parent: Coming Through a Special Loss by Fiona Marshall (Paperback - 11 April 2011)