1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars heading towards vegan, 27 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Protein Myth: Significantly Reducing the Risk of Cancer, Heart Disease, Stroke, and Diabetes While Saving the Animals and the Planet. (Paperback)
I never cease to be amazed by the marketing and advertising hype and propaganda that we are constantly subjected to in the western world.

This great book exposes some of the many ways in which we are lead to believe that the food that we buy and eat is the healthy option. Some of the techniques that are used to persuade and dissuade us from making the RIGHT choices. Frequently we are completely hoodwinked by political agendas or the influence of big businesses into maltreating our bodies.

I have been enlightened on many levels by this easy to read, explanatory publication. It has challenged many of my food beliefs and has made me research and think about how I nourish my body in a very different way. It is a myth that we need animal protein to survive, it is a myth that we need much protein to survive at all once we are fully grown (ie: adult) It is a myth that we need to drink milk to keep our bones and teeth strong. It is a myth that our food and drugs administrations are steered by fact and not by big business. It is a myth.