5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic........, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: Avenues of the Human Spirit (Paperback)
I had the great fortune of meeting Graham at the Parsonage Side Retreat in Somerset, where he gave a frank talk about his exposure to 'out of body 'experiences.

First of all, so you understand, I am a believer, a believer in that there is 'more'. I am also a synic in that I look for evidence.

This book covers in detail Graham's experiences from a child through to adulthood, but more importantly highlights his thought processes in wanting to understand the phenomena. In that quest he uses science, global religious texts and intuition in an effort to understand. This resonated with me in a big way. Here is a man that for whatever reason is able to experience OBE yet rather than take it at face value sets out to examine the 'why' with whatever tools he has at hand; evidence by whatever means.

You can 'feel' the emotional struggle, as a reader questions start to arise, as if by some divine inspiration your questions get answered later on in the book.

This is a guy that understands quantum physics and all sorts of stuff I've never heard of, an intellect..............way beyond me. Yet somehow this is an easy read written in such a way that you are able to fully understand and almost experience what he describes. There is little text on this phenomena, because it is such a rarity, so to read in such rich detail the experiences of a man that is able to almost at will do OBE is fascinating.

I'm not a great reader, something really has to take my eye and spike my curiosity - this did. I'm also pleased to report Graham has released a second book as a follow up......my order is going in now!

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Avenues of the Human Spirit (Paperback)
A beautiful ,honest description of the potential that is within us all. A truly inspiring read that takes you on an emotional journey of discovery with the author.

I read the book in one day then sat in silence contemplating the overwhelming feeling of humility and compassion conveyed in the words so clearly written in this book.

If you are thinking of reading this book it is likely that you are already open to the idea that we are more than our bodies, this feeling will no doubt be confirmed by the authors honest writing. Graham Nicholls conveys a touching account of his early life that gradually unfolds into the fascinating descriptions of his OBE's and growth into spirituality . you are taken with him as his understanding and exploration develops page after page .

I cannot recommend this book highly enough .

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., 22 Jan 2012
Mr. G. Frankum (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avenues of the Human Spirit (Paperback)
This is a strange book. Looking at the cover with its serene clouded landscape I thought it was going to be another of those fluffy new age books I used to read as a young teen telling how Aquarius is going to save the world and remove all troubles. I always had a problem with these books as I used to live in South East London and found it hard reading about how we should all love one another whilst encountering regular hate and violence that would make me want to cull undesirables. I've always been interested in the occult but tend to favor information that confronts and deals with the dark side of living experience. This book is definitely 'light' or 'healing' but in a different way than other books like it. The author is describing occult experiences he's actually having without explaining them away with various spiritual dogmas. He's clearly grown up in the same environment as I have and is very honest about how it affected him and his outlook. The positive attitudes he's developed intuitively by reflecting on his own experiences are thought provoking. I have had similar occult experiences in the past which also inspired me this way although the memory has dulled over time. Perhaps it's time to take another sip from the fountain. A most interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 11 May 2014
I loved this book, it fascinated me and made me very envious too. I would love to be able to do the things that Graham can. I admired his honesty greatly. Also there wasn't a time in this book that I felt out of my depth or that I couldn't understand it. Thank you Graham, I have the next one to start now, I look forward to it. Bless you X

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ., 15 July 2013
This review is from: Avenues of the Human Spirit (Paperback)
This is a terrific book,one which when started you cannot put down.Its a book which provided alot of convincing anecdotal information,facts and evidence.Buy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing..., 18 May 2012
This review is from: Avenues of the Human Spirit (Paperback)
I attended a talk with the author - Graham Nicholls in 2012, and he painted an amazing picture of parts of his life, and challenges/including in depth information on his experiences of Out Of Body travels....
I took the book home and was compelled to read it,. over two days, it was facinating and would recommend it to anyone who may be wondering how an out of body experience might feel or happen!.
I have a feeling i wont be the only person to read the copy i have, i'm sure in the future it will be chosen by a friend, or relation to borrow. its one of those books that draws people to it, who need something... i have had, a week of deep thought's from the piece graham wrote "about becoming a Vegan",, because of the conciousness he felt when discussing the animal kingdom.. i havnt beign able to eat meat since reading this book....!!
I hope you find the thought to buy this one,.. you wont regret it..

Avenues of the Human Spirit
Avenues of the Human Spirit by Graham Nicholls (Paperback - 29 July 2011)
7.86