5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC SUMMARY OF OBSERVABLE TRUTHS OF LIFE
When I was 8 years old I awoke one night in a state of anxiety and awe wrestling with the concept that I would eventually grow into an adult, grow old, die and then cease to exist!!! My young mind was struggling to make sense of how I could not exist? I'm here now I thought, how can I not be ? there must be more to life than living for 70 years and then gone into oblivion...
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by mickey

1.0 out of 5 stars Format problem
Book seems to be very well written and researched, referencing people like Monroe and Bhulman unfortunately although the trial version is fine the full version *Paid For* has a few words or lines missing from each new page, never had this problem before and assume its some kind of format or pagination problem, shame as it makes it rather difficult to read
Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC SUMMARY OF OBSERVABLE TRUTHS OF LIFE, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Less Incomplete: A Guide to Experiencing the Human Condition Beyond the Physical Body (Paperback)
When I was 8 years old I awoke one night in a state of anxiety and awe wrestling with the concept that I would eventually grow into an adult, grow old, die and then cease to exist!!! My young mind was struggling to make sense of how I could not exist? I'm here now I thought, how can I not be ? there must be more to life than living for 70 years and then gone into oblivion ?
Following that experience and after finishing school I spent many year of study and research which took me into many fields including Yoga, Philosophy, Eastern Religions, Theosophy, Scientology, Meditation, Martial Arts as well as books by Deepak Chopra, William Buhlman, Earl Nightingale, David Icke, Jim Marrs, Sun Tzu, Michael Newton, Napolean Hill, Tom Campbell, Ian Lawton, Robert Monroe, Eckhart Tolle to name but a few. All of these books and subjects gave some gems of wisdom, useful information and practical solutions to some of lifes puzzles but even taking all of that combined wisdom there was still something incomplete.
Finally along comes this book aptly named "Less Incomplete" this book provides precise answers I had been searching for for so long, it covers subjects such as What happens when we die, The Multidimensional Spirit or Soul, The relevence of Energy in everyday life, Mastering your own Bioenergy, Non physical Consciousnesses, Past lives, Between lives, Your Life Purpose, Exactly what is the Mid Life Crisis, Altered States of Consciousness, Out of Body experiences, Karma, Evolution of the Consciousness , Multidimensional Ethics as well as detailed explanations of the difference between Dreams, Lucid dreams, OBE's and Remote Viewing. My purpose is to find truths that can be experienced directly and this book is the most complete summary of truths I have come across to date. If you really want some answers to life do yourself a favour and read this book right through from cover to cover and then look at your life and the life of others around you and see if the concepts in this book really do reflect the true nature of life itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical OBE guide!, 12 Feb 2012
I have found this book very practical and simple to read, the author seems to have a lot of experience on the subject and has a scientific approach. I would recommend this book to everyone who looks for practical and verified information on the OBE and the evolution of the consciousness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting edge!!!, 15 Aug 2011
Finally and not a moment too soon an accessible introduction to the leading edge studies of consciousness and out-of-body state as developed by the Brazilian consciousness researcher Dr. Waldo Vieira. While written in a very reader-friendly manner, Gustus's book does not sacrifice the cutting-edge and deeply thought provoking content. This important work unravels many enigmas around death, immortality, evolution and the purpose of life. Step by step, in a very clear and concise manner, we are shown how to integrate these progressive ideas into our daily lives in a balanced way and with maturity.

Written in a beautiful style with just the right amount of detail, this book will stop you in your tracks and make you ask the eternal questions: Who am I? Where do I come from? What am I doing here on Earth? Can I do better in terms of personal evolution and how? This book guides you on an exciting evolutionary journey where you might just find the answers you have been looking for.

"Less Incomplete" was a pure joy to read, I simply could not put it down until I finished it. I am going to buy it for all my friends, both those who are already interested in these subjects and those who are not yet asking these questions but who will nonetheless benefit tremendously from the wisdom, serenity and thoughtfulness of this amazing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars IAC GUIDE ON LIFE AND OBE EXPERIENCE, 24 Dec 2012
'Less Incomplete' written by an instructor from the IAC (International Academy of Consciousness) London branch is a summary of their teachings. The book deals with the afterlife state, reincarnation, the evolutionary process, life plan, the maturity of consciousness and more. There are exercises to become aware of energy and forty five pages devoted to the out of body experience and how to achieve it.
The title is a bit odd but the sub title says it all. Despite the title the book is easy to find if you search under Astral Projection. This is a good book if you want to know how life works and what happens beyond the physical body and death. It is a good book to give a partner or friend who does not quite understand your interests or someone who is scared of what happens to them after death.
I went on five of the IAC training weekends and there are some very experienced instructors there, one of the instructors told the group that in one exceptional year he had several hundred out of body experiences.
The afterlife state is more difficult to remember than past lives but I guess there are instructors at the IAC who can remember the afterlife state.
I give the book five stars and look forward to more books by Sandie Gustus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on the subject, 7 Sep 2012
Drawn to the content of this book out of curiosity I was not disappointed at all, reading it in 2 days, because I couldn't put it down.

In some respects for me it is a manual for personal development on how to gain a wider understanding of your lifes purpose through consciousness, giving me an understanding of how this can be achieved by having lucid dreaming and experiencing the non physical body. For the lay person with no experience or knowledge of this information previously, it has opened my mind to why this might be something to practise and develop for deepening of the life experience.

Definitely an accessible book on the subject, outlining the research around the many areas, as well as giving an outline on how to practice it, worth reading - yes!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best introduction to OBEs that I have ever read - Very engaging!, 1 July 2013
HOW LONG AGO DID I BUY THIS BOOK: 8 months ago, in November 2012 (Kindle edition, I then purchased the paperback edition in May 2013 so that my partner could read it as well).

PERSONAL CONTEXT: up until November 2012, I had been reading about OBEs and other phenomena for about 20 years. I had been practising regularly (albeit not in a disciplined way) all the various techniques I came across through my explorations.

However, each new line of thought I followed with each new book was always surrounded by the author's personal subjective opinions about what to expect during an OBE. I found a lot of mysticism was well-engrained into most of the literature, and I was put off for a few years.

Then I came across Sandie Gustus' book.I felt like I finally found what I had been looking for all along:

"a well-written, objective, scientific yet accessible research paper on the context, preparation and practice of the OBE phenomenon". That's how I would summarise it.

PERSONAL BREAKTHROUGH: I have experienced a steady improvement in my technique, energy workout and overall preparation for my first conscious OBE over the past 8 months. Much more progress than I have experienced in the last 20 years! I have no doubt that I will achieve a fully conscious and lucid OBE in the next few weeks or months, and I owe much of it to the perspective and framework that this book provides.

Things that I have experienced since I began practising some of the techniques on this book are:

- my first semi-lucid OBE: I was, for the first time, able to wake up outside my body with some level of lucidity and remember my day, my week, my life in clear detail just as if I were awake in the physical world. It was a stunning experience.

- much better recollection of dreams and OBEs with low lucidity: I can remember more of what I experience while sleeping. This recollection improvement will help me remember OBEs in more detail going forward.

- healthier, happier and with more energy: the energy workouts definitely improved my health, mood and perception of the world around me (physical and otherwise).

WHAT TO EXPECT: if you expect to be taken through the steps to achieve an OBE from page 1 until the end, with no theoretical explanation of how the process works, then perhaps you should reconsider your motivations for achieving your first fully conscious and lucid OBE.

This book will take you through the context of what an OBE is and is not, how to understand all the various phenomena attached to OBEs, and will dispel any fears you may have about achieving an OBE for the first time.

It will then provide you with clear guidelines on how to prepare (physically, mentally and energetically) to achieve good quality OBEs for the rest of your life.

And finally, it will give you clear guidelines and techniques on how to achieve an OBE for the first time. It may take days, weeks, months or even years to have a completely lucid and continuously conscious (no loss of consciousness) OBE.

The book explains everything in a scientific, yet accessible and easy-to-understand, manner. It is based on decades of research carried out by hundreds of lucid projectors and it does not mix in any religious, mystical or folkloric anecdotes with the precise scientific approach it lays out for the reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very insightful, rich and, at times, inspiring introduction to concientology, 27 Feb 2013
I bough this book and was interested in OBE experiences only, however the chapters preceding that session teach so much more that OBE become a secondary objective of reading the book. You do need to have an open mind, but it is well worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking and beautifully written, 8 May 2014
i first encountered Sandie Gustus at a Scientific and Medical Network conference: The Body and Beyond in August 2013. She gave a very clear and interesting presentation on 'The Consciential Paradigm in which she talked about the work of the famous Brazilian consciousness researcher Waldo Vieira MD. I was inspired to buy her book: Less Incomplete and very pleased to find, quite apart from the beautiful way it is written, that it is highly thought provoking and a mine of highly readable information on astral projection, Out of Body Experiences, reincarnation and related matters.
As a writer of fiction related to altered states of consciousness, I find that Less Incomplete is an invaluable guide to which I constantly refer. I recommend it without reservation.

About the Reviewer:
Chris Allen is a Hypnotherapist and author of the following books:
The Beam of Interest: Taken by Storm
Call of the Void: The Strange Life and Times of a Confused Person: 1
Hypnotic Tales 2013: Some Light Some Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, logical and life-changing, 9 Mar 2014
This book is far more than a guide to achieving a successful OBE, and well worth reading even if this is not your ultimate aim. The science and research on multidimentionality is amazing, and brings hope and excitement to those wishing to discover more about our reasons for being here. The relative unsatisfactoriness of the mundane existence we lead in our current life is put into context and given purpose - the resolve to return to our true path, our current life plan. There is nothing "religious" about this book - it all makes perfect, logical sense. I have been reading around this subject for years, and this book is (hopefully) life-changing. It certainly has been for me and Gustus also guides us towards further study at the end, so we're not left wondering. Absolutely brilliant!

1.0 out of 5 stars Format problem, 13 Oct 2014