5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Book, Incredible Insights, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: The View Through the Medicine Wheel: Shamanic Maps of How the Universe Works (Paperback)
I bought this book after attending some shamanic journey workshops with Leo Rutherford at a small festival called Tribal Earth. It is the first book I have read about the subject and the book has blown my mind. Rutherford has a great way of expressing these ancient truths, of relating them to this crazy 'cock-eyed' modern culture we live in, and he does it with humour and simplicity. I am interested in psychology and healing and these shamanic maps of how the universe works; of how we work, make such incredible sense. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A guide for my soul, 18 Nov 2008
A view through the medicine wheel came to me at a critical point in my life when I clearly needed guidance and direction on my own path. I literally called for help and this book arrived in my hands. As I made my way through the chapters I felt a sense of clarity developing within me. After experiencing months of deep confusion and some sorrow, this book truly helped me to find myself; to realise that all I had learned and experienced so far is all good; is all right and that by just being, I am doing enough. I am so very grateful to the Author, Leo Rutherford, for his wisdom in words explaining so much about us as human beings, our emotions, our relation to others and our precious planet, the medicine wheel helping me to see who I truly am and speak my truth. I highly recommend this book for anyone searching for answers to questions about their own existence, direction, dreams, goals and desires and how to 'be'.

5.0 out of 5 stars The View through the Medicine Wheel, 9 Oct 2008
Tami Brady "Tami Brady: Transition-Empowermen... (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
There is a natural flow to life. Sometimes we don't recognize it. We get so caught up in the chaos of everyday life. We get fixated on impressing others, making more money, and trying to prove we are someone special. It's hard work and it takes all of our energy.

Somewhere along the line, we forget the important things. We spend so much time pushing and proving that we start to believe that life is difficult. In doing so, we actually make life difficult and ensure that it will continue to be so, like a self fulfilled prophecy.

Life doesn't have to be a struggle. The View through the Medicine Wheel shows us how to regain the natural flow of living while essentially finding ourselves. Based upon the Medicine Wheel, the author compares healthy and healthy balances. Using these aspects, we can work through our issues, mistaken beliefs, and unhealthy habits.

Based on Shamanic processes, The View through the Medicine Wheel is a very developed book. I resonate with the personal journey aspect of the exercises. I also appreciated that the author explained things from a variety of different angles, especially on some of the more complex maps.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Medicine Wheel, 29 Dec 2010
Mr. C. Robinson (France) - See all my reviews
My husband and I found this book very informative, down to earth and easy to read. The content took a common sense approach and it was easy to identify with the message the book conveyed. I found it went on a bit by the end of the book, but nevertheless I learnt a lot and hope to apply the content very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, 29 Nov 2013
V. Compton-pierce "One-off pretender" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is thought provoking. I would recommend this book for anyone who is interested in counselling. In addition to anyone thinking of attending one of Leo's workshops.

ARRAY(0xa9655330)