5.0 out of 5 stars The Ken Wilber of Advaita Made Simple
Published on 10 Jun 2007 by Paula Marvelly

2.0 out of 5 stars No enlightment on the subject of Advaita Vedanta!
Published on 1 Aug 2010 by L. Mateus

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ken Wilber of Advaita Made Simple, 10 Jun 2007
Paula Marvelly (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Meet Yourself (Paperback)
Dennis Waite is, in my opinion, THE authoritative voice on Advaita Vedanta writing today. This particular book presents the nondual teaching in a much more accessible format than his other two works, `Back to the Truth' and `The Book of One', which offer more erudite expositions and research. `How To Meet Yourself' is superb for those new to the subject or wanting a more relaxing read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The No Frills Approach, 24 July 2007
David C. Winsland "book gourmet" (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Meet Yourself (Paperback)
If you're really sincere in your search; if you've finally given up on the idea of for some magical talisman to cure your ills and attitudes, then this is the book for you. It is not the easiest book to read but is seems that those that are don't really work. It is written from a unique perspective, with sincerity,good humour and a deep knowledge of the subject.

2.0 out of 5 stars No enlightment on the subject of Advaita Vedanta!, 1 Aug 2010
L. Mateus "lolakaycee" (SW London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Meet Yourself (Paperback)
This was the first book I had chosen to read on Advaita Vedanta, and I had hoped from reading excerpts of it online that it would provide for interesting reading and hopefully some deep insights into the matter. The book did not resonate with me at all. I felt that the book was a series of opinions stated by the author on the subject but it didn't offer me much insight into Advaita Vedanta or provide any information that was valuable to me.Many sections of the book were longwinded and verbose,but there were some interesting snippets here and there,but not enough to keep me interested even though I did read the book to the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars You can only find yourself if you are lost now..., 30 Jun 2007
B. A. Venn-lever "BeBe Ve" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Meet Yourself (Paperback)
A challenging book which may make you break down what you already know, in order to arrive at a conclusion that nothing matters. If we were without compassion and love then I could understand that. In a pysical world , living communally, then everything and everyone matters. We can get a bit ' up there' and make profoud statements that nothing in life really matters in the greater scheme of things... but it does and it might just influence who you are now and where you go in the future. This book frustrated me and sadly did not 'do it' for me either. If you want a challenge or follow the authors thinking then I wish you joy. Thank goodness we have choice and free will.... not a book for me, but who knows it may be just what you are seeking.

How to Meet Yourself
How to Meet Yourself by Dennis Waite (Paperback - 15 Feb 2007)