4.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Guide to the Unseen!, 9 Aug. 2008
Customer - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Spiritwalking: The Definitive Guide to Living and Working with the Unseen (Paperback)
It took me a little while to get through this book as it's fairly long, but it was most certainly a worthwhile read. It's written in a nice narrative style that breezes along vividly.

Without going into too much detail, 'Spirit Walking' covers topics on the Fae, Angels (the non fluffy variety), Guardian spirits and spirit guides as well as (my personal favourite) how to build ones own 'astral office' as Ms Palin termed it. She mentioned this technique in one of her other books and I was overjoyed she went into more detail here as to how to do it!

I have to say kudos to Poppy Palin because her books are the only ones I've ever read that cover the Otherworld in such a down to earth and practical manner. I do hope she decides to write another as many of the topics discussed within 'Spirit Walking' are vastly comprehensive. The book is littered with lovely personal anecdotes from the author (the inclusion of which, I've always felt, defines a 'good book' without them from a 'great book' with them) -- such stories from the field also give the novice some depth to what is being discussed.

As usual Poppy Palin reassures her readers that working with the unseen should not be frightening but enlightening and beneficial, albeit her wonderful chapters on psychic protection are invaluable to any person wishing to travel into the Otherworld(s).

The penultimate chapter was interesting, and I admired Palins stance on abstaining from newspapers and television. However, I could not give up TV myself (good television that is! Nothing wrong with a bit of Lost or Veronica Mars).

I really liked her explanation of the various planes within the Otherworld, although I'm not sure I would describe it as so cut and dry... energy is mutable as are the unseen levels.

Overall, a fantastic book! I only knocked off a star because there were unfortunately many typos, and I wish certain sections could have been longer. Further reading would be Easy-to-use Shamanism which was clearly an influence on this book! Happy reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sense and useful knowledge for stepping into other awareness, 30 Jun. 2007
B. A. Venn-lever "BeBe Ve" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A definitive guide to help you understand just when and how you may be communicating, reading, feeling and interacting with other dimensions and spiritual energies. Small diagrams help you understand the concepts shared about energy fields and how we take and give this energy and can get dumped upon by others as well as sucked dry. Learn to protect your own energy field, understand what you connect with and learn from a well informed person just what you can do about it. This book will help you wake up to that which has been around you all of your life, be more in control and live life with better understanding. Helpful to anyone sitting in a spiritual development group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poppy Palin, 29 Aug. 2009
Mrs. Sharon Ballard (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
is a great author,Spirit Walking show just how good she is at what she does and her guide/s have given her good sound advice. the proof is in the pages. When I see the person who recemmend this author to me (a shaman) I will definately thank her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 2 Mar. 2013
Brilliant book, a bit of a heavy read but well worth it. Made a lot of things drop into place for me. With some good little exercises to really get you thinking.

Spiritwalking: The Definitive Guide to Living and Working with the Unseen