5.0 out of 5 stars Self-teaching
If you are self-teaching, defo buy this book.
I've just sat my D1 exam, and with the help of this book im pretty sure I will come out with an A.
There are a few typos in this book, but just do a simple 'google' with the question and there are answers online, mainly studentrooms.
Published 24 months ago by Andrew

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Advice
This series of books for the EDEXCEL course are, in general, very good. I have taught myself a lot of modules purely from these text books. How ever, some advice for anyone planning to do it with Decision 1:
Published on 6 Jan. 2012 by Alan G. Sharp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Self-teaching, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics Decision Mathematics 1 D1 (Paperback)
If you are self-teaching, defo buy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great textbook but minor typo errors!, 22 April 2013
My college didn't offer this version of the book and only the older versions. I have all the other most recent module books so I wanted to purchase the D1 version. I find this an essential textbook if you're taking the Decision 1 exam because it has worked examples of the different algorithms and it helped me understand certain topics that my teacher struggled to teach us! And for me I do work better with textbooks in colour which is one reason why I bought this version instead of using the old black and white edition. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because this textbook and the other module versions have typos in certain parts, like in the answers or in questions. But I must admit it isn't as bad as the FP1 book for typos! Would recommend for anyone taking the Edexcel D1 exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book, 16 Feb. 2014
An Excellent Book That Covers D1 Topics comprehensively and is straight forward to follow. It's well worth the money and will guide you respectively right through to the D1 examination.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tailored to the AS course, 15 Jun. 2014
Very good, with clear explanations, plenty of worked examples, problems that are tailored to the exam, and answers also included.

5.0 out of 5 stars good school book, 16 Nov. 2012
Mum (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this book as a copy of my son's school text book so that he didn't have to lug it back and forth to school. It is clear, well laid out and seems to explain things well. Answers to problems are in the back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Advice, 6 Jan. 2012
Alan G. Sharp - See all my reviews
1. This book has a LOT of waffle, you will waste so much time if you try and finish all of this book because it's not necessary at all. Skip most of the questions, move on when you're good with a topic.
2. There are a lot of mistakes in this book as another review mentioned - if your answer disagrees with the book then use the internet to double check it.
3. A lot of marks in Decision 1 come from the ability to correctly format your answers, make sure you pay attention to the sections of the book that show you how to do this correctly.

I like these text books a lot but in my opinion this one is the weak link, personally I would stick to Statistics / Mechanics after having tried them all. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and CD, 22 April 2013
received the book very quickly and didn't cost too much. The CD is great and there are lots of very good examples. Recommend it for any Edexcel D1 course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 22 Sept. 2014
Used as support material in sixth form. Great exercises that stretch your abilities - perfect for the unpredictable nature of new A-level exams.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, 30 Aug. 2012
Book was good, great examples and helped me get a good grade, my only bone to pick is that the exam questions weren't the greatest up to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 25 Nov. 2013
Perfect, exactly what I needed for my A level class. Doesn't have un-needed information cluttering the pages and gets right to the point

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›