5.0 out of 5 stars If you want an A/A* a must have!, 11 July 2012
This review is from: GCSE Mathematics Edexcel 2010: Spec B Higher Unit 2 Student Book: Unit 2 (GCSE Maths Edexcel 2010) (Paperback)
Thanks to this book I got an A* (a UMS of 118/120 in my Unit 2 exam!) and was really shocked as I usually get B's, and if I'm lucky an A. I started my revision about 6 weeks prior to the exam and did around a good solid hour or two of revision each day. I used the maths watch CD (given by school) and my maths (online website)and some youtube tutorials to teach myself stuff which my terrible teacher was unable to do. Then I would practice questions with this amazing book. The sheer amount of practice questions was amazing and the worked through questions at the beginning was really helpful. The great thing about the questions are they are very similar to the type of questions you get in the exam and have the grade next to it so you are aware of what grade you are working at.

MY GUIDE TO GETTING AN A*
-DO NOT CRAM.This book is meant for good thorough revision, your aim would be to complete this book a week or two before the exam so you have plenty of time to go through all the past papers available (which are loads!)
- Ensure you understand every question and get them correct, if you do not understand any questions or keep getting the wrong answer go over it with your maths teacher or a friend that is great at maths. Do not use a calculater when using the book unless checking your answer as in the real exam your not allowed.
- Your school should supply the mathswatch CD, and I also seriously recommend in going on My maths website and youtube tutorials if you do not understand a concept thoroughly. Maths is not memorizing techniques it's about understanding so ensure you understand the concept thoroughly so your knowledge can be applied to different questions.
- After you understand all the concepts you need to know and have gone through all the questions in the book and have gotten them correct the next step is PAST PAPERS,PAST PAPERS, PAST PAPERS. There are LOADS of Unit 2 past papers available, you can get them online by typing them in or from your teacher. I personally went through 8/9 past papers under timed conditions (remember unit 2 in non calculater)
-Go through the mark scheme for maths so you can see where you went wrong or right and see from the examiners perspective. Keep going over the past papers again and again until you get full marks and remember if you do not understand a questions: ASK! It's your education at the end of the day, you need to forget about looking desperate or stupid.

I urge you all to purchase this book, it's bloody amazing! Buy all the Unit 1 2 and 3 books it'll be extremely beneficial for GCSE Maths. Hope I could help :D

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have study aid!, 4 Nov 2013
I got these to help my daughters with their GCSE maths and I have to say I think they are excellent. They explain each subject really well often with different learning methods. It goes through guided examples and have loads of questions to try with answers in the back. It contains lots of really good tips. really impressed and thoroughly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Maths, 12 Nov 2012
very useful for students who are wanting that little bit more of a challenge. i haven't used it yet, my children find it useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Maths Edexcel 2010 Bood, 28 Oct 2012
This text book is extremely good at explaining the concept, giving plenty of practise and giving the correct answers at the back of the book. Well worth it for your child when they are wanting to revise for the Unit 2 exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maths Text Book review, 28 Jun 2012
These are well ordered , and well written text books. They are better than the one's my son brings home from school

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Revising, 12 May 2012
I'm a private Maths tutor and use this book with the other two books (Unit 1 and unit 3) as handbooks. I love these books as the explanations are clear and straightforward. Student with the capability of self-study would find this helpful. It has plenty of exercise question in it as well with question grade. It also gives note whether a question had came up in past exam as well. There's chapter review question too.

I bought a book (not from the same publisher) which contain material of three units but I personally feel having a book for each unit is more helpful and efficient.

This book could do with a little bit more practice questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 17 Mar 2012
Good Mathematics GCSE text book. Clear examples and exercises. Arrived the next day so extremely pleased with the sellers service.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cool book, 11 Feb 2012
Mr. Harish Lathia (london uk) - See all my reviews
I like this book as it is suited to the syllabus. I do not like the fact that it has no answers

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 27 Feb 2011
I got this for my 14year son studying maths for his GCSE's and he has found this very helpful when doing studying.

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Mathematics Edexcel 2010: Spec B Higher Unit 2 Student Book: Unit..., 10 Feb 2013
I bought this book for my daughter who at the time was studying her GCSEs. She said she found it extremely helpful and with a little bit of work on top of that got good results for her maths exams. It was fast delivery and I would highly recommend it for anybody studying GCSE maths. Thankyou seller

ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)