Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 July 2010
At first glance the book seems too thin even for one module, but after spending only two night revising from it in module i got 90% in the Unit 1 Lifestyle, Transport, Genes and Health. Also a lot of the questions from the Unit 2 Development, Plants & Environment section came up in real examinations. This revision guide is great and some people gained 100% in the exam in my class just from using it.However, i found that there were some mistakes in the unit 2 section- so use with caution.
on 20 December 2011
This book is ideal for any as level student and I particularly liked this book because it had everything you need to know without waffle or extra uneeded detail. Before buying make sure this book is actually for the right exam board for your course because it is specific to the Edexcel syllabus. It isn't laborious and it has simple pictures and key neccessary facts. I would recommend it!
on 17 May 2011
If you want an A, get it ! AMAZING! All the key content is covered but it also teaches you exam technique which is a bonus.
on 10 December 2011
this is an amazing book for a level students because it is endorsed by edexcel so has relevant information in it and the information is really simplified so it is easier to understand! i am soo glad i purchased this book because without it i'd be lost. seriously buy it now and you wont regret it! :)
on 24 May 2011
The book was alright, showed things simply etc. but lacked a significant amount of detail. I found that using it I had to compare it to the text book, and the CGP revision guide was much better. The colourscheme isn't great, but it keeps things simple.
All in all, it's okay, not great.
on 18 April 2012
Want to pass your A-level Biology? BUY THIS BOOK! Breaks down all the important information making it so much easier to remember the information, includes exam questions on the different units, This revision guide helped me more than any other book, it's a must have!!
on 4 June 2013
I personally find the SNAB textbook completely ambiguous, as it contains a lot of information that you do not need to know and a lot of people seem to waste their time learning it.
This revision guide works perfectly to offer a concise version of the syllabus. My exam technique essentially consists of learning this revision guide (to the extent that I can recite it back) and the exams have gone very well for me. I'm aware this sounds like a very risky revision technique, and I wouldn't recommend it, but this book has worked absolute wonders for me.
on 4 December 2011
Bought this book to help me with my studies, however i had to buy the official textbook because this had missed some topics out, which i was very dissapointed. However on the topic it contains it is very concise and easy to understand
on 13 December 2014
As an AS student I was skeptical about buying this book which looking at the comments a majority wise seem to say the book had helped them improve...I absolutely love this book mainly due to the fact that it is the information within the book is not only condensed but concise meaning that information which is given is key not just blabber (like its orange counterpart). From using this book I have gone from a U in my first topic 1 unit 1 test to an A. This is mainly due to the fact that unlike before I only remember the key information which is key that is shown throughout the book like "the fluid mosaic model" other than "Richard Doll" in the other book which is not required in the specification. I highly advise you try also the tests within the book.
on 19 August 2011
I bought this product to help with re-sits and it was perfect for exam practice! Had the main content and extra supplementary info that was relevant to the course. Must have worked because I improved my original grade using it!