on 27 December 2010
I was given this book as a Christmas present and I could not leave it down. Dennis has an amazing way with words, with each scene you are transported to his time and place. From Vaughan to Larry, Dennis shows his passion not only for the trout but also for his surrounding and the people he is with.

An amazing read!!!!!!
on 19 February 2013
A sensitive well written book which brings to life the places he fishesextremely vividly, most of which I feel I know more about now, even after over twenty years+ of fishing in some of the same areas myself.
Well worth the money and will read again many more times in the future.
on 9 November 2011
This book is a great read for anyone that fly fishes and will make a lovely christmas present for any fly fisher. Dennis Moss is not only a superb fly fisher but also a fantastic writer. I have his other book "Trout from a boat" which is a great read also.
on 9 January 2012
This is the best book on fishing I have read for several years. A collection of tales / stories based in and around Ireland. Excellent!!
on 2 September 2015
A great book by Dennis Moss, if you enjoy fishing the western loughs of Ireland, you'll love this book