5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Lin Yi's Lantern (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely beautiful book. I stumbled across this book in the library and used it last year with my class (7-8 year olds, although suitable from 3 or 4+)and I loved the stunning illustrations and gentle story of a young boy taking a shopping trip in a Chinese market.

I have now bought my own copy to share with my young daughters and use again with my new class. Very pleased with my purchase!! Excellent speedy delivery as always. BUY THIS BOOK! It is gorgeous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book - Engaging Story, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Lin Yi's Lantern PB (Paperback)
I used this book with a class of Foundation Stage pupils along with the storycards produced by Rising Stars. I chose to use it because we have been looking at stories from other cultures.
I have given it 5 stars. The children loved it! We read the story and had themed actvities running alongside it all week. The story lends itself to many areas of learning within the Early Years curriculum and the artwork is stunning!
In the back of the book there is also the story behind the moon festival - The Moon Fairy Legend. I invited 'Uncle Hui' into class to tell this story which was a nice enrichment activity. The children were full of questions surrounding the story and many have gone on to buy it for home :o)

Lin Yi's Lantern
Lin Yi's Lantern by Brenda Williams (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2009)
Used & New from: 3.21