4.0 out of 5 stars maths help book, 12 Oct. 2012
T. Jackson "TJ" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rising Stars Study Guides: Maths Years 5 (Rising Stars Study Guides Series) (Paperback)
I brought this book for my 9 year old son, just entering year 5. It is not like other 'help' books that I have purchased in the past as each segment is over 2 pages, with the first page being a description of the subject matter and then the opposite page is broke down into sections, of expected level and then 'aiming higher' questions later on on the page. If you are unsure of the answers, then there is a pull out answer booklet in the centre. I am not raving about this book, but it is ok and I do like it. I brought it at 2.70 and a this makes it a good buy. I found that my son takes about 10-15 minutes per section (2 pages) to complete, which I think is an acceptable amount of extra homework to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all teachers!, 25 Oct. 2013
Absolutely fantastic! I will be buying the study guides for each subject!!

From a teachers point of view it is an incredible resource to aid planning and teaching. Not necessarily a useful photocopy resource however the questions are sectioned into the two levels that generally cover the abilities of the children in your class. For example, as I am a year 5 teacher the Yr 5 book features level 4 and 5 questions. A variety of open questions too which really challenge the learners knowledge of a subject.

Teachers are supposed to include a using and applying section in all maths lessons now and the 'using and applying' section at the bottom of each page is more than wonderful! The questions ask children to both apply and justify their knowledge which is really useful for assessment too.

The price really doesnt do this book any justice. For the quality of the content these books have you'd expect these books to be a lot more expensive. Snap them up whilst you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, 26 Mar. 2014
Although I have several great resources, the Rising Stars books were recommended to me by another teacher. I daresay they will prove an excellent addition to my stockpile!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought to help me understand this level in more detail and use to develop resources., 22 Mar. 2013
To help me to gain a better understanding around the requirements for this stage and develop my delivery accordingly when working with learners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great condition and super teaching resource, 28 Jan. 2015
Exactly what I wanted. Great condition and super teaching resource. Delivered quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied, 18 Dec. 2011
Very good year 5 book, it is very interesting, especially for a foreign student, who wants to exercise his english and his maths as well.

Rising Stars Study Guides: Maths Years 5 (Rising Stars Study Guides Series)
Used & New from: £0.01