on 24 April 2012
I recently visited HK with my daughter and bought the book for the purpose. The advice about where to shop was for someone with deeper pockets than us. It said a little bit about the markets, which were worthwhile. It tended to go for the more expensive end of things and not much in between. We did not find much in the restaurant guides either to help us. Maybe there just isnt much veggie stuff in HK or much of moderate price. Regarding spas etc it was all fairly expensive looking at high-end hotels. No advice re local spas or foot massage places at all that I could see. I've always found Time Out to be aimed at all sorts of people but would be wary after this. Good maps etc. Nice layout.
on 6 November 2011
I am moving to Hong Kong next year, so i have been buying all the guide books! This one comes out top. Up to date information with lots of different areas looked at. If you want to know where to eat, drink, shop and a really good introduction on the history of Hong Kong then this is the guide for you!
on 21 December 2011
This is a good in depth guide,all districts covered with a good guide to places to visit,modes of transport and places to eat and drink.A must for those on a first visit or those returning after year away.
on 28 December 2011
Doesnt seem to contain much on sleeping / hotels etc. It has good maps, good detail on things to do but just doesnt quite do it for me. This might be personal taste - I also like a travel guide to be slightly opinionated (the LP used to be like this) but everything is so depressingly even handed and bland these days.
on 11 February 2013
I read this book inside out before I went to Hong Kong and again when I got there. It is invaluable, it tells it like it is, which is what you really need when travelling. There are excellent maps and a really great indepth section at the back on travelling further afield.
on 21 December 2013
Time Out provide excellent guides with up to date information but because of this it does quickly go out of date. Be sure to always get the latest Time Out guide. Excellent information for visitors to the city - What to see and where to see it.
on 9 July 2014