on 17 February 2008
While I have been an happy timeout guide customer in the past, I was extremely disappointed by this guide, and sometime amazed by its errors.

The most amazing one is about the bridge: Vasco da Gama is located in
East Lisbon, while this guide described it in details and with a
wrong picture in Belem (West Lisbon). The picture is on page 85 and
this is NOT Vasco da Gama bridge!!

Among the other wrong information:

- misplaced tube stations which left me wondering for tens of minutes
(I was luckily rescued by a local map I got there)
- the highly advised tram 28 is instead 28E (28 is a bus that travels
a completely different route!)
- while I understand that prices change, this guide (printed less than
a year ago) reports taxi prices from the airport at 14 euros, while it
is now more than 18 euros: an outrageous increase or an outrageous
mistake?

It seems that this guide is not a 2007 edition, but a much older
one...

On a positive side, the guide to restaurants is amazingly good.
on 9 July 2009
I found it to have lots of errors. Some small (pictures with incorrect titles), some just bad editing (page numbers in the index not matching the page numbers in the actual article) and some just daft or lazy (having a 3-4 year out of date tube map). I have to say it is the worst guidebook I have ever used. It was almost a hindrance to the trip as you stopped trusting any of the information in it.
on 20 September 2009
I love the Time Out city guides, and this one is as good as any of them. Lisbon is a wonderful city and I loved my visit there, travelling almost everywhere by tram. However, a major weakness of the maps in this guidebook is that they don't have the tram routes on them. For this you'll need the Lisbon (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide) or perhaps the The Rough Guide Map Lisbon. In fact, the Lisbon (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide) is probably a better guidebook, but irritatingly I prefer this Time Out guide for aesthetic reasons!