Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 November 2013
I am so disgusted with this rubbish book, it is messy to read inconsistant and so bitty the story
(if there is one there - I haven't found one.

A total waste of money, paper and printer ink.
on 2 December 2013
This is transcripts of conversations in various places between She and He; She did the transcribing. She has lightly edited the conversations, for there are no 'ums' and 'errs', and occasionally there is a word or phrase in [] to explain what's going on.

At first, I found it very difficult to follow the conversations, to understand what they were saying to each other. It reads more like a screenplay without stage directions, and this is perhaps part of my difficulty.

Later on, I found I could follow, more or less, their trains of thought. It's not at all like dialogue in a novel, and this is possibly another reason for my difficulties. Yet it's a refreshingly open record of what they said, though in such a slim book, either most of their conversations were totally banal, or when transcribed made no real sense. Still, it's an interesting read; food for thought about their unusual relationship.

One idea: there's no way to discern the accentuation of the voices, there are no non-verbals. It might work much better if two professional readers were to make it an audio-book; it might be much more accessible.
on 11 January 2014
I think this book is overrated, I read a review in the financial times a few weeks ago.

It's dull, and rubbish. Mostly written by a man I assume.
on 28 December 2013
I really didn't like it very much. I was disappointed. It was a lot of him and her in it. Wont recommend people to buy it.