on 21 February 2013
My dad, who served in the Western Desert in the Second World War, thinks this is a great book. It brought back many memories for him and also gave him lots of information about things going on at the time of which he, as a young man, was totally unaware.
on 27 December 2012
I am particularly interested in 'The desert war' as my father-in-law was stationed there and he had told me a little of the horror he encountered. Having watched the BBC documentary I was drawn to the book-it hasn't disapionted it's brilliant
on 3 May 2013
Very nicely written and obviously extremely well researched, I learned much about the operation but did find it somewhat heavy going and a little repetitive at times. All in all a great book, would recommend to dedicated WW2 readers.
on 9 December 2013
I was a bit unsure about this at first look but the author has told a much told story from the hollistic angle. A very good read highly recommended by me. I'm a bit of a WWII buff as my father fought in France in 1940 & 1944.
on 4 September 2013
An excellent read, delivery of product excellent.

One of the most balanced accounts of the war in the desert, recommend anyone interested in the Second World War purchase the book.
on 5 June 2013
A good read. This book is well written and does, as is claimed, shed new light on some aspects of the war in North Africa.
I recommend this book to all students of WW2 history.
on 8 January 2013
The author examined a varied and interesting range of resources and,with his comments, has produced a fascinating history of the desert war in and around the battle of El ALAMEIN
on 28 January 2013
A book that I have found very hard to put down and has me me think again about the second world war and the leaders that films have given me the wrong impression of.
on 30 July 2013
Fascinating account of the war in the desert, bringing the campaign, its generals, and the political personalities (especially Churchill) vividly to life.
on 1 April 2014
My husband really enjoyed this book, really well written and well researched.
He found it very interesting as his Dad was in the 8th army.