4.0 out of 5 stars Life As A Law
Robert Greene, author of 48 Laws of Power, introduces a sort of follow up: The 50th Law, a collaborative effort with 50 Cent. There's no mention about what happened to the 49th Law, but I guess The 50th Law sounded cooler and tied in the 50 Cent angle. And in spite of the co-author tag on the book, this is clearly written by Robert Greene with input on theme, concept and...
Published 5 months ago by George Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting concepts
Definately an interesting read, whilst offering good advice in parts big parts felt useless to me, the chapter on self reliance was my favourite, although in terms of self help books not in the league of Napoleon Hills books.
Published on 7 May 2012 by zdratcliffe1

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent conceptual read., 9 Oct 2009
A. P. Webster "webstera2005" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 50th Law (Hardcover)
I had previous read the 49 laws of power by Robert Greene and was impressed with his work & referencing throughout history. Not only did he present a concept (in the manner of a law) but he explained it and reinforced his explanation with occurrences in history where the law could be seen to have taken effect.

With this book he accomplishes this even more effectively: with the exemplification of 50 cent and areas of his life. The social mobility possessed and exhibited by Curtis Jackson throughout his life is inspirational, through the medium of his music he managed to change and actively mold his life: this is communicated throughout the book.

The underlying theme of the book being 'nihil timendum est' or 'fear nothing' and is a old concept however communicated in a refreshing and innovative way by Greene throughout the book. Other core concepts expressed through the book include: responsibility for ones self and a development of individuality ... key areas that allow opportunities to be fully extracted.

An EXCELLENT and concise read, can be re-read easily. Buy you're copy today, make notes and scribble all over it and use it to accomplish your own personal goals.

2.0 out of 5 stars You Become What You Think About, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: The 50th Law (Hardcover)
I'm a fan of 48 laws and 33 strategies, but this one is too cynical all the way throughout, walking around with the mentality that everyones out to get you all the time its a poor mans way to live your life, no matter how much money you may have.

And we all know if you are always expecting the worst in others more likely than not you'll find. We get it 50, hard times you went through but the worlds not like that but it definately can be if you expect nothing less. (ehem.......Especially if you're always smoking marajuana with robert greene you'll be paranoid for life : )

5.0 out of 5 stars bad man book, 23 Feb 2012
This review is from: The 50th Law (Hardcover)
Very good book, it will turn yoou into 50 cent... !!! for sure :D after reading this book in a single day i woke up next day and when i looked in the mirrior i had turned in to 50 cent, i was now getting mad love, so if you want mad love read this book... peace !

1.0 out of 5 stars 50 cent, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: The 50th Law (Paperback)
this book is bull..it promotes drug dealing as a way to become a master...robert greene really has no idea ..he just quotes others and has no life experience in this field...waste of money worth 50 cents tho

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book That I underestimated, 3 Jan 2012
Nathan Hewitt "The good life" (Cardiff U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 50th Law (Hardcover)
When I first read this book my mind was not in the right place. I was thinking ''some rapper and his gangster style attitude'' So I was reading it the wrong way.
It was then I actually read more Robert Greene Books. And I realized just how an amazing write the man is. Why would 50th Law be any different.

I began watching video's by 50 Cent and my irrational thinking changed. I saw him in a new light and I wasn't so delusional.

I read this book again. And I have to say ''This is an absolute amazing book. Packed with essential tools and knowledge in the acts of fear''
I don't even know how I read it first time round without seeing the greatness of it.

I actually pick this book up often and re-read many parts that keep me motivated. It has a profound effect on confidence and determination.

Truly recommend this to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not That Great, 18 Feb 2011
Michael Hudson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 50th Law (Hardcover)
I love 50 and find him very inspiring, but this book was not a very interesting read. However, i did read it just because i really like 50...

1.0 out of 5 stars This Book Bored Me, 8 Sep 2009
Duncan Oldham (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 50th Law (Hardcover)
I was really looking forward to this book but I felt very let down by it. I purchased it because I'm a huge 50 Cent fan and I also enjoy inspirational books.

I found this book boring and more of a history lesson on other people, rather than 50 himself.

It's so bad I wouldn't give it to someone for Christmas.

But it's only my opinion so give it a go anyone, I could be in the minority.

Maybe the book is of more interest to Americans who probably know the work of Robert Green a little better than myself (a Brit).

I will continue to buy products endorsed by 50 to check them out so it's not a dig at the guy himself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bible wannabe, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: The 50th Law (Kindle Edition)
Satan! This is so disrespectiful. This pencil ish is trying to write another bible only woth no commandments.

Refund please

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The 50th Law
The 50th Law by 50 Cent (Paperback - 18 July 2013)
6.29