on 21 November 2015
Positives: this book has a lot of different kinds of horses in lots of positions which work as inspiration for children.

Negatives: this book does not effectively help children draw horses and ponies better. All it does is give them an outline to copy, there is no real drawing technique given. The best "How to draw" books reduce the image into basic shapes - circles, triangles etc - that help the child build up the drawing. This book doesn't have that kind of step by step instruction. You might as well tell them to trace the final result.
on 29 April 2013
My 2 children have quite a lot of these 101 draw books and this pony one was bought for my daughter since she has become pony mad. I would say some of the drawings are slightly more difficult than some of the other books but it's a hit all the same.
on 20 March 2015
This book is actually wrong! In this book children are guided to draw horses by starting from the ears and other details. The only way this book can work is by mindless copying, which is not at all what drawing is about. Proper drawing should start with finding the overall form of the animal and then slowly working out the details. For a good book for children look for example at "My Big Book of Drawing and Painting" by Martin Ursell. This one here is utter rubbish and even potentially damaging as it leads children onto a completely wrong path. I would not have bought it, if there had been a preview. I am returning it.
on 23 November 2013
my daughter really enjoyed this. She sat down and drew from them straight away and was delighted with the results.
on 6 January 2015
My granddaughter was a bit scared to try it but soon was well away drawing horses on everything. Very Good
on 29 August 2014
Bought for a horse party..... for 6yr up I would say
on 20 November 2015
Great book, my 7 year old is going to love this!!
on 15 March 2015
Great book for horse lovers. Would recommend.
on 31 December 2015