5.0 out of 5 stars I salute you Michael Ledwidge!
I first have to explain that I am a HUGE Patterson fan, but also a HUGE Patterson critic when it comes to his co-written books. There has been much speculation over the years about how much input Patterson has with these books and in my opinion some of his most recent work was diabolical, leaving me to wonder if he even glanced at them, let alone co-written them...
Published on 20 July 2011 by Best Crime Books

1.0 out of 5 stars DREADFUL!
Published on 18 Oct. 2012 by Meg

5.0 out of 5 stars I salute you Michael Ledwidge!, 20 July 2011
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)

Michael Ledwidge started writing the Michael Bennett series with JP a while back and I am now a die-hard Bennett fan. I do however wonder if more of this book is Michael Ledwidge's doing with a smattering of the Patterson touch? Maybe that is the secret to this pairing?

This book I was wary of, just because it was a stand alone co-written book and I wasn't sure whether this would be as awful as the other recent ones, but I needn't have worried. This book had me hook, line and sinker from chapter one.

It starts in the current day with Nina Bloom in New York with her daughter. After the first introductions are made, we are transported back to the early days in Nina's life when she met her husband Peter. The book starts off with a bang and the disastrous events that start Nina's life spiralling. Following the shocking events you can literally feel every emotion of this woman rolling off the page.

We then follow Nina's life and how everything got her to where she is today. Nina's husband Peter is a truly despicable character who I loathed from the moment I read about him, but for all the loathing it made for a special read due to the intense feelings I had to the characters in the book.

As Nina's journey is made you feel the tension and fear build up in her life and then we are catapulted into her journey to try to save both herself and her daughter. There are other more minor characters making appearances but the whole crux of the story centres around Nina and her husband Peter.

I read this in a matter of hours and when the ending was finally reached I felt satisfied that this was the best Patterson book I had read in a while. Actually, I correct myself; I think this was the best Ledwidge book I had read in a while!

The book was everything you would expect, fast, edgy and full of suspense. The perfect book in every way and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was one of those books that made me think it would make a great film! Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars DREADFUL!, 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Now You See Her (Paperback)
The only other James Patterson Book I have read is 'Sail' which was also co-written and a book I considered to be pretty mediocre and very far fetched to say the least, but compared to 'Now you See her' an absolute masterpiece... So, it was with some reluctance that I decided to give 'Now you see Her' a go. The reviews on Amazon seemed generally very good though, and with all of the five star reviews the book earned, I believed it must surely be a book worthy of reading.

I couldn't have been more wrong - this book is absolutely appalling, it is so badly written that it would insult the intelligence of a six year old. I managed to struggle through the first couple of chapters, although it was obvious from reading the first page how badly written it was and I knew straight away that I wasn't going to be very impressed. I have now given up on it completely, I really can't bring myself to read any more of this complete rubbish.

I have read many comments stating that James Patterson is an amazingly talented writer - if that is the case, why then, does he produce so many books that are apparently co-written and of such poor quality. I cannot comment on the books produced solely by Patterson, but I would really not risk trying any of them after the two I have experienced so far.

I just can't understand how so many people have awarded this book five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Great Patterson novel, 22 July 2011
E. M. Chillingworth "Sunflowergirl" (Somerset , uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)
I have been an avid fan of Jame sPatterson for some time so I may be biased but I found this book completely enthralling. The twists were very clever and the main characters made me feel empathy and excitment as well as horror. If I could I would have sat and read it in one go, alas I had baking and knitting and general children raising to do.
This book offers you all you need for a good read and I recommend it to everyonne.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 13 Dec. 2011
B. H. Robinson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Her (Hardcover)
I love the Alex Cross and WMC books and I have enjoyed the Michael Bennett series BUT many of these so-called collaborations are dire! Short paragraphs, incessant italicising of words and exclamation marks are tiresome. This was the worst JP book I've read - it was so implausible and far-fetched. I read it to the end because I can't buy a book and not finish it. I wish I hadn't - the ending was ridiculous. Please Mr. P stop churning out a trashy book a month and concentrate on one fabulous, thrilling block-buster like you used to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Dimensional, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)
I'm a fan of the James Patterson Alex Cross series so I'm deeply perplexed by this plot, writing style, and story telling. The main charecter is supposed to be a woman who is a tough survivalist, escaping a toxic and dangerous relationship. However when simply questioned or challenged by a situation she pulls the lower lip, uses her sexuality or simply runs. Frankly, it feels manipulating and I'm not sure why the author feels he has to write women in this way.

The plot is to say the least, silly. It's not even worth spoiling to explain how silly, just trust that there is zero base in reality. There is nothing the reader can relate to here. The charecters throughout are supposed to be slick, some are multiple serial killers, and they read like bumbleing sterotypes. Why bother?

I'm saddened by this constant fast food literary habit. Even for a good quick read , it's not at all good. James Patterson is doing his craft a disservice regardless of the payday. These colaberations are really like shooting a fish in a barrel, lots of floaters, no challenge.

I've given it it 1 star only for the effort the author made by sitting down and typing it out.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOW YOU SEE HER, 8 Sept. 2012
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)
Nina Bloom is a happy and successful woman living in New York with her daughter Emma. However many years previously Nina's life was very different, her past is definitely something she wishes to leave behind, but when a case arises where an innocent man is on death row Nina is the only woman who can set him free, a mission she knows she must undertake even though it means returning to the heinous life that she fled from.
It was rather far- fetched in its content, but have to say it was an enjoyable read from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!, 14 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)
I am a huge James Patterson fan and own all his books. This book was fantastic from beginning to end. Patterson keeps you gripped to the story and desperate to find out what happens next. The last few chapters are especially exciting! I would definately recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars best JP thriller in a while, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Now You See Her (Hardcover)
After the slight disappontment of Postcard Killers and with all current Alex Cross books read, This was a welcome return to what James Patterson does best - building a story with good plot, increasing the tension and adding twists galore along the way to a gripping finale.

Best book I have read in a while. A really fast page turner (they all are, but I could have stayed on the train to the south coast and not been bothered, as long as i finished it), and an excellent number of twists and turns to keep me guessing.

If I had to find a fault and be ultra critical, I'd say that this book could have been 40 pages longer, that Peter (the baddie) coulld have been more evil towards the end, and that his character could have been developed more, but thats just spllitting hairs. The book focuses on the wife / victim Nina and her courage in changing her life and facing up to the past, while ultimately doing whats right despite the obvious danger to herself and others. Its a fascinating read and one that I will undoubtedly read again.

Buy it and enjoy it. And don't forget to get off at your station stop! You will be engrossed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Atrocious, 12 Nov. 2012
MG (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)
I have read some of James Patterson's other books and enjoyed them, but this was absolutely terrible. It felt like he had written it in a hurry and just wanted to get it finished. The storyline is hardly credible and it is written in a very glib manner, making what is supposed to be a series of disastrous events for the protaganist seem almost comical. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow my first James Patterson book - certainly not my last, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this book and what can I say except wow what a great read, a true page turner. This is the first book I've read by James Patterson and it certainly won't be the last. I just love discovering "new" authors. Think my Kindle may be very busy as I start downloading more of his books.

Now You See Her
Now You See Her by James Patterson (Audio CD - 4 Aug. 2011)