4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read
Kill Me If You Can is James Patterson's latest stand-alone novel where a struggling artist strikes it lucky when he finds a bag full of diamonds during an assassination in Grand Central Station. His luck is not completely on his side though as on his tail to get the diamonds back is the Russian Mafia and some of the World's most deadliest assassins.

The story...
Published on 25 Oct 2011 by Dr Evil

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish
Patterson's writing is ok, his plot is ok but character development is almost non-existent, I have no connection whatsoever with the main characters in this book, and the endless gratuitous sex must be a coverup for him not really having much else to say.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 25 Oct 2011
Dr Evil (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The story is a little over the top (which Patterson book isn't?!) but is definitely one of his best novels that he has "written" in a while. The action is extremely fast-paced, the characters are all well written and the twists came out of nowhere on quite a few occasions and had me surprised. Some of the action is quite violent and reminded me of some of his earlier works.

I actually think that this book would make an excellent film adaptation, so hope this will crop up one day, but in the meantime, I highly recommend this book as it is an exciting, quick read that I guarantee you'll enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling Combination!, 4 Sep 2011
KILL ME IF YOU CAN combines the usual winning formula of action, suspense and glamorous international locations predominant in Patterson's novels but with the more off-beat influence of Karp. During an attack on Grand Central Station on the bread-line artist, and unlikely hero, Matt Bannon stumbles across a bag of diamonds and decides to risk taking them. A cat and mouse game ensues as Matt tries to off-load the diamonds and avoid the assassin who has been sent to track him down and retrieve them.

There is a good injection of humour as well as pace and I found myself reading this in less than a day lounging by the pool. Not a cerebral challenge, but there were enough twists and likeable characters to keep me entertained.

Probably more Karp than Patterson but I enjoyed it all the same!

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 15 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars could be the start of a good new series, 23 Oct 2011
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
As unpredictable as ever; one day a poor quality James Patterson book appears on the market, only to be followed days later by something infinitely better! Why can't we have more of the quality of this one? The twists and turns in the plot leave you almost gasping. Without giving anything away, there is one amazing plot twist that I really didn't see coming!

Well worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Read!, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kill Me if You Can (Hardcover)
Patterson and Karp have a winner! The story is sharp, funny in places, has some great character's and a brilliant twist in the middle that I for once never guessed!

This could hereald the start of another set of books, I certainly hope so! If you want a book that will keep you reading into the night, then this is the one for you, obsorb it and love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars kill me if you can, 24 Sep 2011
Mrs. M. C. Perry "manuel" (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
Loved this, having read all Marshall Karp books before I was fascinated to see what the combination of Patterson & Karp would be and I was not dissappointed.Look forward to the next one.Like the twists and turns along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely entertaining, 4 Dec 2012
Michael Watson "skirrow22" (Halifax, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Kill Me if You Can (Audio CD)
I bought this audio version simply because I'd become fed up of the author's quickfire, one page chapters, unbelievable stories and thought listening to it would be a lot easier.

In fact, it was easier but it was, for me, much more enjoyable than I had convinced myself to imagine it would be.

The storyline has been reviewed many times but I have to confess the right-angled twist halfway through was something of a jolt. I was listening to the discs in the car, telling myself that this audio version is much better than reading the book in one day flat when the twist happened. I didn't exactly swerve off the road line but I did a mental double-take.

It's well read too by people I don't know which, in a way, adds to the storytelling. Matthew Bannon comes across from the start as a sort of nerdy student with an adolescent fixation on a girl but events change the format and certainly bring the book to life.

It's been quite a while for me to give this author five stars (which I hope is not patronizing), not just because of the rapid writing but rather more that his stories were pretty much of a muchness. But this one is good, very good, especially as an audio. I'll certainly buy another in the hope that the next will also bring the characters to life as this one has. Thank you, Mr. Patterson, for making a long journey seemingly last only a couple of hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars THRILLING CRIME, 1 Sep 2012
I JUST LOVE READING CRIME BOOKS i ALWAYS READ ON KINDLE. JAMES PATTERSON IS THE BEST CRIME STORY TELLER THAT I HAVE READ. KILL ME IF YOU CAN IS A PAGE TURNING, EXCITNG BOOK YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO PUT IT DOWN. GO ON TREAT YOU SELF !!

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PAGE TURNER, 4 Dec 2011
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Feeling quite disappointed by the last book I had read by this author I was not going to try another, however after reading these reviews I decided to give this one a go, and am very glad I did.
Matthew Bannon is a struggling artist with a lovely girlfriend living in New York. When he is at Grand Central Station on a day when it is under attack he stumbles across a bag of diamonds which for him are life changing, but trigger off a chain of events.
Really enjoyed this novel, kept me hooked and had a good twist to it too.

1.0 out of 5 stars comic book cliche, 15 Feb 2013
Ad Mulley - See all my reviews
Wasted half an hour reading the first 30 pages - it only took that long because I was laughing so hard! A Russian called 'Walter Zelvas' (as un-Russian a name as you will ever see) , variously described as 'Comrade' , 'meaty' , a dumb, Neanderthal, Russian Bear killer with a 'cinder-block fist' who emits a 'bovine scream' (what does a cow screaming sound like?). He does however have an accent our hero can clearly distinguish as Russian on the basis of three words uttered as he dies. A hero who studies Fine Arts after four years in the US Marines ( including 3 tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, so not much time for training then !!) , dates a gorgeous, 25-year old Professor of Fine Art who volunteers to open the eyes of inner city kids to the wonders of art, is loved by the kids as is said hero who wows them by telling them how art is 'pretty cool'. There were some cliched bad cops in there somewhere too, and a beautiful Russian mafia moll called, guess ... Natalia, and lots of bloodred walls, exploding bullets (like they implode sometimes) and requisite gore. Then it became a real page turner--well, cover turner. I shut it and decided to do something more interesting.

Kill Me if You Can
Kill Me if You Can by James Patterson (Audio CD - 10 Nov 2011)