Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 December 2010
Really enjoyed this book. It was an amazing story and gives a great insight to this woman. I have a lot of respect for her after reading this.
on 5 December 2010
I brought this book for a friend of mine but decided to read it myself and I am very glad I did I loved it.
on 14 October 2010
This book is an honest and informative read. It reads as if Susan is talking to you.
on 5 June 2011
I loved this book, just could not put the book down once I had began reading it ! Susan made the book, story almost come alive, one felt as if one was right there with her. At times I wanted to just reach out and give her a hug.
She is one amazing person,to have reached such heights in her life. She had many highs and also many lows ! Susan had such support and above all a lot of care throughout the time of writing the book.
This book was amazing !
on 11 December 2013
I loved this book. It is so refreshing to find a celebrity who doesn't let fame and fortune go to their heads, and Susan certainly doesn't. This a brutally honest, warts and all account of her life, her shyness and difficulties as a child, and the joy she felt when singing. I laughed with her and sometimes I cried for her, but most of all I admired her. A touching, heartwarming story.
on 21 October 2010
I loved this book from beginning to end. Susan's candour and honesty, her bravery in the face of bullying and provocation, and her indominitable spirit in the face of all her hardships and knock-backs, come across very well and reveal a woman of supreme courage and determination to prevail and to fulfil her dream - to sing professionally and to make people love her and respect her, through that singing.
She is a truly remarkable woman and I hope and pray that she continues to thrill us with her 'gift' for many, many more years to come.
A great read, and one that truly reveals, too, her fabulous sense of humour!
As they say in her neck of the woods, "Gaun yersel, hen!"
The Woman I Was Born to Be
on 29 November 2011
I have long been an admirer of the 'Underdog' especially when they 'done good'.Susan Boyle amazed all of us when she opened her mouth and sang. We were amazed that such a woman could do that with her voice. A shy and funny woman and because she wasn't the worlds most beautiful woman well, I will not repeat the horrible nickname the press gave her.It was unbecoming of them to say the least. She had her struggles but fought hard and made it through. I wanted to hear more about her life because I admired her tenacity and bought this book.I am so much more in admiration of her than I was before. Another surprise, She is a great storyteller. I couldn't put the book down. It rips along through her life from her upbringing to her entering the competition and afterwards. It tells her story from her point of view, in her words, entralling, inspiring and honest. I loved it.
on 25 November 2013
My friend & I often buy books for each other, not always great, but she really gave me a gem in SuBo! What a wonderful lady, her upbringing in 60's/70's Blackburn West Lothian is fascinating insight through to the various talent shows she entered & didn't always succeed at & then to her stardom that she achieved on Britain's Got Talent. She also demonstrates that she's well educated & not some bimbo who's been given fame on a plate, she's worked so hard to get where she's got & I reckon her family are so proud of her.

I would definitely recommend this, if you ever feel that life isn't going your way, or if you're feeling everything is against you, read this book because it just shows that hard work, perseverance& determination all pays off in the end.
on 2 December 2011
I really did enjoy this book by Susan from the time I started to read until the end. It really does open your eyes to how intrusive the media can be in someones life when they become famous overnight as Susan did, however despite some of the enduring times Susan had to face and cope with her excellent and lovely personality really comes through in this book. A very down to earth account of her life growing up in West Lothian and the importance of her faith which has helped her through some very difficult times, even though I am not religious I found this interesting to read about. I would recommend this book highly to anyone. (you don't have to be a fan) A very inspiring book and a lovely person to read about.
on 10 December 2011
This is a lovely story of a girl's long fight to find her place in the world. I loved it. Its an honest and brave telling of a genuine person's path who found her way to 'live the dream'. There is humour and sadness and faith, something for everyone to relate to. I don't consider Susan in any way 'disabled', in fact I think we can all learn a great deal from her. I commend the lady, not just for her amazing voice but for her incredible view of life which is truly humbling. Food for the soul. Enjoy!