4.4 out of 5 stars1,073
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 August 2013
This book held your interest throughout. It had so many twists and turns it was difficult to put down. Like most novels the solving of the crime and rescue was a bit too pat but it did come as a complete surprise. I would recommend it to everyone I know
on 14 November 2011
I am now completely hooked on these stories. I tried to read another author for a change and couldn't wait to finish and get back to Jack Reacher. I am in the middle of this one now and enjoying it thoroughly. I do have an inkling about what will happen in his love life because of an interview I heard with the author but I am trying not to let it spoil my enjoyment too much.
on 19 August 2013
Honestly, I have not read a better jack reacher novel ever. It was amazingly gripping and I could not stop reading. Hugely recommended to people who like an anti hero who takes laws into his own hands.
on 27 November 2012
I found this quite unusual for a Jack Reached story. I don't necessarily need violence on every single page, but you expect Jack Reached to hit slightly more than three people in a book, especially when two of them appear in the first chapter. Due to such a lack of set pieces, the plot seems to move very slowly, with little more than conversations occurring until well past the half way mark.

What redeems it then? If you put aside any expectations of an all out blockbusting thriller, this is really quite a good mystery. The villain is cold, calculating and unfathomable, although I unfortunately guessed the identity of the killer a couple of hundred pages before I was meant to. Even so, the how's and the why's remained unanswered until the reveal.

All in all, not my favourite Reacher ever, but still a decent read.
on 21 April 2013
A great addition to the series. Typical of Lee Child in its development of the story line, and with plenty of twists and turns. Reacher almost looks to becoming 'normal' but I bet he doesn't actually settle down!
on 4 November 2013
I enjoyed this Jack Reacher as I have all the others I have read, but by a srange coincidence I 'Nailed' the perpetrator quite quickley in this book, well done Jack! we could do with a few like you living in our big cities.
on 11 November 2012
A good read - not too predictable. An intriguing plot and the storyline kept you guessing. I have read six books by the author already and they all have such different storylines that keep me coming back to him/her.
on 2 July 2013
Another surprising twist at the end. Although a really good book there were times when I was not gripped , this is very useful when you need to put the book and get some sleep. I would still recommend this book to all Jack Reacher fans.
on 13 November 2013
Very good, must try and read, in order written, Amazon Helps by putting jack reacher 1' 2' and3 and son on. Jack is an old soldier and was an mp. So the books are all about him unravelling the stories and coming up with the villain.
on 26 December 2013
I'm recently knew to Lee Childs and his Jack Reacher novels, but I am thoroughly enjoying them. He uses a lot of detailed information , but writes in a matter of fact way which lets you understand and involves you. I would recommend these books to anyone who likes a good read, as long as you can realise that everything is going to happen to one man