5.0 out of 5 stars Virgin Optimism
Regardless of who you are - one thing you have to admit is that Richard Branson oozes charisma, energy and vitality. Even looking at the front cover of the book he is given an exotic yet accessible quality. But enough of this hero worship on my part - what are my thoughts on the contents of the book?

Branson does not claim to be an academic businessman. What...
Published on 1 Nov 2008 by Mr President

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite boring
I found this book quite boring. Although there is some useful information in this book, most of it sounds like praising Virgin companies.
Published on 20 Mar 2011 by Anna Iskenderova

5.0 out of 5 stars One more awesome book from Sir Richard Branson, 9 Feb 2011
I've read "Screw it, let's do it" and it blew me away. Book is so full of positive energy and I wasn't disappointed when I read "Business stripped bare: adventures of a Global entrepreneur". It gave me the positive kick that I needed in order to proceed with my own business, my life, it expanded my view on things and World in general. Book is very easy to read. I strongly recommend the book to anyone who's looking for that positive something that's missing from ones life.

5.0 out of 5 stars maloquero com dinheiro, 7 Jan 2011
Love Sir Richard. He has a way of making being a millionaire-billionaire fun and exciting. Not just about grey pin stripes and stuffy temperaments!! He is even barefooted on the cover. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Branson Magic, 14 Aug 2010
Great product, good reading.
After reading his autobiography i didn't know what type of writing to expect but it was a refreshing approach
and i learnt a great deal beneath the success of the Virgin Brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enlightening read, 28 July 2010
THis is an excellent book for anyone who wants to understand how thye virgin empire ticks and the thoughts behind Richards decisions.

4.0 out of 5 stars some ideas, 2 Dec 2009
i'm a particular type of customer for this book, i need it to gain an internal perspective on virgin business to write a university paper... so the utility i got from it may be different by the elements that a casual reader would appreciate. from my point of view it was useful to my end and mingled well with the ton of other articles i've had to read about branson and virgin.
I think this book has to offer a nice inside perspective, transparent as he could, branson at 100% which made a lot of personal remarks and comments, some insightful. i think it's not great literature but it's not expected to be and sometimes the vision of this man is quite striking. he has good ideas and incredible energy and the book is light and easy readable and also if you're not proficient in the field you can enjoy it as a casual lecture on a metro or while relaxing. good.

3.0 out of 5 stars A well written book but should have been better, 17 April 2009
Mr. Jon Forster "sensor" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have read all of Bransons books. This is pretty good but can be a little 'oh look at me - i'm great' at times. I very much enjoyed reading about how he sets up and runs his business but his ideas about how he wants to change the world can be a bit too much. If you have not read any of his books then I would read his 'losing my viginity' one first.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Prescription but Certainly makes You Feel Better, 1 May 2009
Mr. C. Close "CC" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a highly readable book from one of Britain's most enigmatic entrepreneurs. Branson is a man with a refreshingly positive attitude to life and is smart enough to surround himself by like minded people. His management style is more of an extension of his own personality arguably out of confidence, privilege and a devil may care attitude.
I'd work for him largely because I don't own a suit! He is the kind of person who welcomes free thinking and has built a global empire on this encouraging this from others. Not my experience of boards!
So for the people who do not like others success, this is not the book for you. I found it inspiring , insightful and more invigorating than a weeks holiday in a 5star hotel.

Oh and it seems his desire for space travel is also shared by the boss of this site too.

Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book from a more mature Branson!, 9 April 2009
As someone who decided to adapt to the credit crunch by setting up my own business; I found this book witty, informative and motivational. Yes, there is much one can be critical of regarding Branson, but not his & the Virgin teams' hard earned success & (rare for these depressing times) genuine enthusiasm. Having been on the entrepreneurial trail for several months now, there is much I identified with and will adopt from his counsel.

Faults with the book? Well, like a wine; you can drink it to find fault or just enjoy it! Branson is aging like a good vintage (!); there is depth of reflection, which personally, I found really engaging!

3.0 out of 5 stars If you buy this because you are looking for a sort of how-to guide on being an entrepreneur then I think you will be disappointe, 15 Nov 2014
Essentially this is a long advert for Richard Branson, and more importantly as far as he is concerned, a long advert for the whole Virgin brand. To be fair there are some interesting little comments about what he feels is "good" management practice and you can pick up on the traits in people that he looks for. It would have been a much more balanced book if he had spent more time talking about his mistakes in business and what he had learnt from those. If you buy this because you are looking for a sort of how-to guide on being an entrepreneur then I think you will be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Developing the theme, 1 Feb 2009
Having read previous books by Richard Branson this was a natural progression into his insights provided on Leadership.

No point in being academic about it, these are practical insights from Richard's own position and of course any reader must accept just that; Leadership is unique, we can't all do what other leaders have done, we've not been in those positions, those situations or with the background experience. Given these caveats there is much to enjoy in this book. As always, the insights into events in our lifetimes provides an additional complement to the pleasure of the read.

Business Stripped Bare: Adventures of a Global Entrepreneur
Business Stripped Bare: Adventures of a Global Entrepreneur by Sir Richard Branson (Audio CD - 2 July 2009)