5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and very witty
What a fascinating character!

One of those books that I was reluctant to finish as the last page drew nearer.

Prior to reading this book I only knew Peter Ustinov as the delightful character Hercule Poirot in Agatha Christie films. But I learned that he had a very long career in the theatre and that his talents seemed to include almost all areas in...
Published on 20 Jan. 2008 by Renate Bahnemann

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on your sense of humour.
I listened to an abridged version of this book and couldn't get through the first CD (1 star from me). Fortunately for Mr Ustinov, my husband put it in his car and absolutely loved it (5 stars from him), so the book gets 3 stars on average.

I found his 'hilarious' anecdotes tedious and rambling, my husband, on the other hand, though he was hugely amusing and,...
Published 15 months ago by DubaiReader

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Dear Me (Audio CD)
I have read this book and so for me it was lovely to listen to Peter telling his own story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dear Me, is that all?, 9 Aug. 2014
Uproariously funny in places and I expected 'an audience with' but Mr Ustinov does pontificate a lot on life in general. Thank you Nicholas Parsons for recommending this book as your favourite autobiography it is worth a read but some of the people he mentions such as American politicians or French actors are irrelevant to modern readers. More anecdotes about people who are remembered by history would have been welcomed by shallow perusers like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Feb. 2015
Very funny and well written

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappinting, 21 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Dear Me (Audio CD)
I bought this to listen to on a long drive and was very disappointed in it. Peter Ustinov has always seemed an interesting character and a great raconteur, so I had high expectations. In actual fact the book itself was quite dull, but his reading of it was awful. His voice is quite a monotone, as he himself acknowledged in a section early on although obviously in quite a different context. It meant that I found I switched off as neither his voice nor what he was reading held my interest. Time would pass and I realised I hadn't heard what had been said for quite a while. It was also much shorter than I thought, although that proved to be a blessing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Audio cassette, 4 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Dear Me (Audio Cassette)
Very hard to find audiobooks in cassette format these days. Originally tried to buy from Amazon, but with ridiculous delivery time. Then tried to buy from Waterstones, only to be let down miserably. Finally purchased from Amazon market place and item was delivered in reasonable time and at a fraction of the price elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars good car talk, 17 April 2003
This review is from: Dear Me (Audio Cassette)
Why i bought this i dont know.I put it in the car and the trip flew in.He has the sort of voice that relaxes you and makes time fly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 10 Aug. 2014
found it boring

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Oct. 2014
As required

1.0 out of 5 stars Cargrae, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dear Me (Paperback)
The description " used" was certainly correct I this case. This is the first time I have had cause to complain about anything I have ordered through Amazon. How anyone could charge for a book in this condition is beyond belief. Maybe I am extra careful with my books but having read each one, you could put them back on the shelf in a shop and genuinely think they were new. Have put hate only in regard to condition of book as I will not be reading it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 Nov. 2009
Dr. M. Carswell (cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear Me (Audio CD)
Compared with his stand up routines, I found his reading of his autobiography dry and self-indulgent - did not finish listening to it, even on the longest and most boring car journeys.

Dear Me
Dear Me by Peter Ustinov (Audio CD - 2 Nov. 2006)