Format: HardcoverChange

on 27 January 2015
We bought this for our 16 year old son for his GCSE English course and he really enjoyed reading it
on 9 February 2013
A short book but a classic. Everyone should read it as it is as topical now as when it was written.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
DnmyrydmymdmyfymfmyfymrmfymfyhmThrehwyeu hyby. V. Cry y y yy by y v a ace to. I I is u y t t
on 9 September 2014
Very good book, enjoyable read.

The book arrived on time and in perfect condition.
on 13 July 2015
A classic book that ice only just read in my early 30s. I recommend highly that you read it!
on 31 July 2015
Fantastic book - speaks volumes about society and politics. Very small book and easy read.
on 21 March 2002
I read this book many years ago and still enjoy the simple, yet poignant way in which it satirizes socialistic ideals and many shameful aspects of human "pig-like" nature. Truly a classic. If you enjoy this kind of thought-stimulating book...and there are not enough in this genre these days... I would like to recommend a thought-provoking contemporary novel, which I read with relish recently. It is entitled, "ACCUSED BY FACET-EYES" (author C.B. DON) and it too deals with human nature, but focuses on our global ecological mess and is presented from the point of view of a fantastic humanized honeybee world. Like "Animal Farm" it too is very critical of humanity's behavior with a strong message. Bravo for more books like Animal Farm!
on 22 June 2003
As a GCSE English literature student, I was given the book Animal farm to read and consequently write about in my exam...and what a good thing too!
Animal farm is fantastic - it ties in with the Russian revolution and it is clear the rivalry between the characters such as Snowball and Napoeon (representing Stalin and Trotsky), with a plot. It effectively teaches about the dangers of a dictatorship and we see how corrupt it becomes at the end when Boxer is betrayed and sent to the Knackers. I loved this book and in the exam it felt so natural to write about it, as I felt I knew the characters inside out and back to front. It's fantastic my teacher made us study this book for our exam.
The ending is powerful - so beware!
on 20 November 2000
Let's face it almost anyone could literally read this book but to actually understand it you have to READ it. I read it twice last month after having read it once when i was 9 and though i knew it was good then now I can see the innumerable merits of this small and condensed book. It is remarkable how Orwell has managed in the space of only a hundred odd pages to portray our society in such an original way.
I recommend it to all but primarily to those with the age or understanding that are needed to venture into the depths of this skimpy looking book. (just quickly I apologise for any mistakes in this text but i have temporarily lost the use of 4 fingers so typing has become quite hard.)
on 22 May 2015
Good book, really different way of writing a book. I couldn't wait to get to the end