5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous collection!
Published on 7 Dec. 2009 by Mrs. A. Miller

Not the same cover as one shown when I purchased it. The one I received looks like a slightly more modern edition and says well loved tales inside a white oval with flowers on it. Thankfully illustrations are same inside and it is in good condition as described. More care should be taken to ensure I purchase the same product and not one that is just a bit similar.
Published 10 months ago by hostelgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous collection!, 7 Dec. 2009
Classic story, easy to read and understand and not too long or too short. I bought the entire range of first favourite tales for my 2 year old and she loves them. In fact, after reading other books for the last year my husband was also very pleased we'd bought them as he finds them great to read to her too!! My baby son will also benefit from these when he's older so a great choice. Overall a very happy family and at a great price with great service what more could you ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 25 Oct. 2009
L. Nicholson (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book, along with 2 other Ladybird books, for my 2 yr old daughter. She loves books with rhyming and repetition, so this is perfect for her. I remember the story from when I was a child and I loved it too. I wasn't sure about using it for bedtime stories, due to the wicked troll, but my little girl has been fine with it. A great little book at a fab price.

3.0 out of 5 stars The one I received looks like a slightly more modern edition and says well loved ..., 12 Sept. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Read2Review, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Ladybird Tales (Hardcover)
This version of the story is much shorter than the original and is more ideal for children. It is a classic fairytale from Norway and is many many years old.

I love the idea of the story about three Billy goats that long to get to the other side of a bridge to eat the green grass. The bridge is guarded by a troll who gets deceived by the goats in promise of eating the biggest of the three goats. However the biggest goat charges the troll and gets rid of it.

This classic story has been retold many times over the years with the first telling in print dating back to the 1940's. This version is accompanied by very colourful illustrations that will keep children entertained. It is also ideal for children to read or for adults to read to children.

5.0 out of 5 stars VALUE FOR MONEY, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Ladybird Tales (Hardcover)
Beautiful books at a great price and wonderful that they are still available in hard back for our grandchildren.This how you raise standards in education for the children of this country.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 'excellent condition', 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Ladybird Tales (Hardcover)
Quote 'Seller note: The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged'.

It is true that pages are intact in that they are not torn, and that there is no highlighting and the spine is undamaged. But the cover is marked, pages look like they have been wet and dried out, some stuck together, there is writing on the first page and there are many stains on other pages. I would not rate it as excellent condition. I can't be bothered to send it back as my son is more interested in the story than the condition of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Three Billy Goats Gruff, 13 Mar. 2011
Ms. Lorraine M. Moore (Lincs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Ladybird Tales (Hardcover)
This is the classic ladybird version of 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff'. I bought this for my son as he brought a copy home from school to read and I had to read it no end of times over a weekend so I decided to get him his on copy. The version that he brought home from school was a ladybird version but a much older one. The story was exactly the same word for word in both books the only difference was the pictures. This story is timeless i used to love this story when I was little and it's amazing that children still love this story now no matter how old it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Story, 24 Mar. 2010
Mr. L. SPENCER (Notts, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this book for my son, he's just turned 3

He now has 10 out of the 12 books from this excellent collection and this is certainly one of his favourites (Along with Magic Porridge Pot,Gingerbread Man) - Although my personal favourite is still "The Little Red Hen" which I would give 6 stars if I could as this book is the most educational of the series

"Who's that trip trapping across my bridge" brings a smile to his face every time I read the story

Highly Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for the young, 23 July 2010
Ms. K. Mckay "Kirsty" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
My mum asked me to purchase this for my youngest niece whom is in nursery and learning some of the stories we all loved a children. My mum wanted to ensure her grand daughter had not only modern but traditional stories and so asked me to order this and some other childrens nursery stories for her.

My niece absolutely loves it, probably because my mum's great a reading them :) but it's niece hearing traditional stories being read to her and brings back all our childhoods.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic story!, 14 Aug. 2010
Purchased this for my toddler son as its a classic story and a shorter version than other ladybird book. He loves the 'trip, trapping over my bridge' in the story, and parents can have fun doing the voices of the billy goats gruff and evil troll! Also nicely illustrated.

The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Ladybird Tales
The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Ladybird Tales by Ladybird (Hardcover - 4 Sept. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01