5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book as a bedtime story
Published on 13 Jun 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars The Elves and the shoemaker
Nice starter book. The text is kept simple for the age group. I thought the illustrations weren't very engaging for our child.
Published on 21 May 2010 by AJ_RS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book as a bedtime story, 13 Jun 2001
By A Customer
My 3 year old girl loves this book, and I must admit, so do I. As a book to read at bedtime, its perfect. Firstly it reads nicely - there's quite a bit of rhyme in the text, so after a couple of readings it starts to roll off the tongue quite fluidly. Secondly, the story content is just right - not too scary like Red Riding Hood - a nice happy-ending tale. Thirdly, the book looks and feels good - nice size, hardback but not heavy, and good colourful illustrations.
All in all, just right for bedtime - certainly the one I choose off the bookshelf whenever daddy is allowed to choose!!

5.0 out of 5 stars First Favourite Tales - Fab series for 2 year olds, 13 Dec 2007
I bought this entire series to give as birthday and christmas presents, to my 2 year old daughter and to other children. They have been a massive hit. The illustrations are lovely and, like the Snuggle Up series, the way they are written with rhyme and repetition as a central theme make them irresistible to toddlers. My daughter loves these books and wants to read them again and again, and they encourage her to join in too. I really wanted to introduce her to some of the classic fairy stories and this is a great, updated, way of doing so. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 Feb 2004
A well told, simply illustrated version of a classic tale.
My daughter requests this book every night before bed and loves to finish each page herself (although she can't yet read).
Also mythologically correct about the elves not returning after they're given new clothes!
Smashing!

5.0 out of 5 stars With a tip tip tap., 26 Nov 2008
My daughters favourite, great illustrations, great story. Takes around 10 minutes to read, making it a great bedtime story. Expect to read this again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoemakers for Dummies, 16 May 2009
James Peter Shea "pyder" (Penzance Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Elves and the Shoemaker: Ladybird Tales (Hardcover)
This series is totally and complete fantasic in so many ways .
The stories will live for children for ever and ever as one says .
The physical presentation in as magical as the stories and it so marvelous to see these timeless stories renewed once agin for the new generations to enjoy as much as we did when we were children.
Timeless Wonders !

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 28 Oct 2010
Colourful, bright and well written with lots of rhyming throughout :) Children I read this to really enjoyed this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely tale., 11 July 2011
This review is from: The Elves and the Shoemaker: Ladybird Tales (Hardcover)
My 3 year old loves this story. She often asks for it a night time. She likes the story and pictures so what more can I say. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Elves and the Shoemaker: Ladybird Tales (Hardcover)
This book taught me everything I know about shoes. I am now calling myself a shoesmith & making my own. An absolute must for foot fashion followers!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic children's story, 10 Jan 2004
An absolute classic! A really good example of this story by Jacob Grimm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good learning aid, 5 Feb 2010
It is a series of which I am to complete for my little one. These books are nice to read to these little ones especially before they go to bed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Elves and the Shoemaker: Ladybird Tales
The Elves and the Shoemaker: Ladybird Tales by Ladybird (Hardcover - 4 Sep 2008)