on 15 August 2009
I bought this to teach my 16 month old to identify objects & animals. The book is nice & colourful, but the pictures are not brilliant. As they are so basic & cartoony, they often don't really look like the real thing. The picture of the dog is a very strange looking thing. We can recognise it's a dog, but a baby who's only used to seeing real pictures of, or actual dogs, found it a bit confusing. He's used to it now & really likes the mirror ending - which is him. Not a bad book, we still read it everyday. Just wish they had not tried to put in pictures of Mummy & Daddy - as they clearly are not recognisable!
on 2 May 2009
I bought this book for my baby when he was about 14 months and he really enjoyed it. It's not very extensive but it serves nicely as an introduction to a few very basic words and it also has some nice textures to touch. I think it helped my son to learn these particular words more quickly. Now, at 22 months, his language is beyond this but he still enjoys the familiarity of it.

I would recommend this book but suggest buying it earlier rather than later.
on 30 September 2014
This book is okay for the price. It doesn't many pages and some of the pictures are not great. The tree looks more like a lollipop! My baby enjoys exploring the different textures though, but I think the appeal of it is quite limited and I can't see it still having the same effect a few months down the line.
on 3 April 2011
Borrowed this from the Library to see which books my baby would prefer. She loves this one. Not too clever at the touch bit yet, but that is already improving and she loves the pictures. I am guessing she will get more from it as she grows.
on 11 November 2012
I wanted something to spark an interest in books for my grandson. This fits the bill. He can touch the fabric which helps to make the book much more interesting for him. I've always liked Ladybird books and this one is no exception.
on 5 October 2013
My baby loves this book specially the last page with mirror! :) I will definitely recommend it to all parents.
on 16 January 2014
Lovely book just right for my granddaughter. She is right for these books I have bought most of them now.
on 27 August 2014
Bought for our daughters first birthday, very happy 😊
on 8 May 2015