5.0 out of 5 stars My month old fascinated by this book
This book has really caught the attention of my baby, right from when he was a week old. He stays very calm and focused while looking at the pictures. This is one of the few things that has really caught his interest at this early stage. I highly reccomend this book to new parents.
Published on 1 Sep 2004 by Lisa W

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Yellow & Black !
This is quite a thickly padded consentina type book. Baby seems to take more notice of the mirror on the front of the book, although he was attracted to the bold colours and pictures which are a very striking black and yellow. Certainly gets his attention, and the material is soft enough to grab.
Published on 7 Nov 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My month old fascinated by this book, 1 Sep 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 8 Feb 2005
New Parent (Nottingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Our 3 week old daughter will stop what she's doing when we show her this book. It calms her down and literally captivates her. Not very interesting for an adult to look at but truly facinating for a Newborn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cot Book for Newborns, 21 Jan 2005
By A Customer
Our daughter was given this book as a gift when she was born and it is without a doubt the best cot book around. It has bold images on either side and my baby loved the picture with black wavy lines as well as the mirror. It kept her fascinated for ages and is very good for developing visual awareness in newborns. When my daugher woke from naps I would fold out the book and she would lie for 10 or 15mins just staring at it. Very handy for getting her used to being independent from an early age and feeling happy just lying in bed. It also saved us a few times when out and about as I used to put it in her pram.
Excellent buy. Best one on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars our 10 week old child loves this book, 27 Mar 2003
By A Customer
our 10 week old child loves this book and has since he was about 5 weeks. It calms him down and makes him smile - much more so than other similar books. Don't know what it is about this one but it has become our favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 30 Nov 2006
C. Peak (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
I first folded out this book and put it in my son's moses basket when he was a week old, thinking he was probably a bit too young for it - but he loved it. It has stayed in his cot ever since. He has spent hours calmly staring at the pictures and keeping himself amused. He particularly likes the picture of the snail - 'hypno-snail' as we call him! Every night, as he settles down to sleep, our little man 'coos' to the snail until he drifts off.

Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy for Newborns, 25 Sep 2006
My daughter was captivated by this book from the minute she moved from moses basket to cot. I have just dug it out of the loft as I am expecting my second child shortly. I have heard that the unique appeal this book has for babies is the lack of a variety of colours. This book is wholly black and white with touches of yellow, and young babies find it easier to distinguish patterns of high contrast like these until their colour recognition becomes more developed. Well, it worked a treat with mine, anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars My tiny baby smiles and squeals at the pictures, 30 Nov 2001
By A Customer
My 10 week old baby has had this book since he was one month old. He is gripped by the bold pictures, and the excited noises and expressions he makes convince me that this is the best thing I have bought so far for his entertainment. As it folds out I can stand it on end next to him when he is playing in his cot or lying on the floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first book!, 14 Feb 2007
Donna Lewis (Surrey,UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son (now nearly 2 years old) when he was born,I saw it and the images looked so bold and striking. It kept him amused for hours in his moses basket as the images are so easy to focus on for a babys eyes. Now My daughter who is six weeks old is just as big a fan as my son was I personally have found this book fantastic! A must have for any Parent with a young baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the age it is advertised!!!, 31 May 2001
By A Customer
The book completely caught the attention of our 2 month old baby and this has been the case for her next five months, too. She loves to watch the mirror, sometimes we take it and point out the shapes to her or make up stories about the shapes. Now she is already grabbing it. Its greatest quality was that it was almost the only thing she noticed when she was only a month and a half or two old and that it is soft so that there was no danger of her hurting herself while reading it in the cot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice baby book, 17 Jan 2008
Kit (China) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: First Cot Book (First Focus) (Rag Book)
This is a nice book that my 2 month old son enjoys.

I purchased both this book and Faces (Baby's Very First Book) at the same time, and I must say that I prefer the Faces book. The faces book is designed as a book with pages that can be turned in the normal way - while this book is a string of folded up pages (eg, if you pull it open you can see several pages at the same time).

Having said that, the patterns in this book are more attractive than the patterns in the faces book (but less attractive to my son that the faces pictures in the faces book). I think it's worth buying both books, but if you were only to buy one I would recommend the faces book instead.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xae1169c8)

First Cot Book (First Focus)
First Cot Book (First Focus) by Ladybird (Rag Book - 5 April 2007)
Out of stock