5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Very good condition! !
Published 2 months ago by Debbie Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars Where has the magic gone??
Published on 14 Dec. 2009 by YourRani

2.0 out of 5 stars Where has the magic gone??, 14 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Princess and the Pea (Ladybird Tales) (Hardcover)
I was extremely disappointed with this book. I bought it for my children because it was a particular favourite in our house when we were growing up in the 70's to the extent that my sister requested it each night for a year. Much of the magic was in the beautiful illustrations, which is why I had chosen a ladybird edition. However, I was sorely let down by the mundane illustrations in this revised book which didn't even touch the shadows of the original ones. 30 years on I can vividly recall the image of the princess arriving drippng wet with rain flowing from her long black hair and pale gown, leaving water pooled on the floor. Why change something that was superb into something that is ordinary?

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Jun. 2008
This review is from: The Princess and the Pea (Ladybird Tales) (Hardcover)
I loved this book as a child but this revised version doesn't have the charm that I remember it having. In particular, the pictures in this version are not good - the prince and princess look very ordinary. Disappointing. My children (3 years old) seem to like it but it is not a favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Feb. 2015
Very good condition! !

The Princess and the Pea (Ladybird Tales)
Used & New from: £0.01