5.0 out of 5 stars new baby book
Published on 25 Mar 2011 by hugos_mummy

3.0 out of 5 stars good book
Very simple would have preferred a story rather than all questions as my 14 month old gets fed up with the questions, we've made our own story for now to keep his attention but go through the questions sometimes with him also. Not a fault with the book just my son's preference. It is good very good for slightly older than my son.
Published 15 months ago by Tash

5.0 out of 5 stars new baby book, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
We bought this for our son(2 year old) as I am 5 months pregnant and its a nice simple way to get him used to the idea that pretty soon we will have another baby around. This book is absolutly lovely and is done a clever way so the baby appears that it can be a boy or girl and this is also the same for the older child too. This is becoming one of my sons favourite books that he loves to look at and read together, and he talks about baby coming :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
I bought this along with the 'Waiting for Baby' book in the series. This one is even more popular with my 2yr old than the other. We discuss all the pages and many questions are being asked about 'what will happen with...?' and 'can we do this?'. Bonus elements to the book are the fact that the mummy breastfeeds (though I've carefully explained this and bottles to keep my options open!), and the page where the child is sitting on the potty, whereas the baby is having its nappy changed. Perfect opportunity to show how grown up and special an older sibling is sitting on a potty, compared to the baby.
This book has gone in and out 'of fashion' with my child over the last few months along with other books, but each time its back in favour we have more and more conversations on the subject matter, even when we are doing activities shown in the book, rather than actually reading the book.
Our new baby hasn't arrived yet, but am confident this book will have made a difference and allowed us to discuss all sorts of questions and scenarios, even though of course there will still be the shock of a real life loudly crying new sibling. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 8 July 2010
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
Good book for a child to get used to the idea of having another child in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Jan 2014
Jodi A. Welch "Jodi" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
Really helped prepare our 2 and a half year old for the arrival of our new daughter. I particularly liked the pictures showing the mum breastfeeding. They really helped my daughter get used to this idea and she accepted me breastfeeding the baby from the outset which has saved lots of stress!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book for young children, 20 April 2013
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
I bought this for my 16 mth old daughter. Its a lovely book for her age - very simple with nice pictures including babywearing and breastfeeding which is a bonus.

3.0 out of 5 stars good book, 26 Mar 2013
Tash (Rotherham, South yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
My 21 months girl loves this book, she keeps relating to what her baby brother does and the book has helped me explain to her why the baby cries and what we can do to help him.

She relates to the baby crying and feeding and keeps pointing that the baby is little and that's why he / she does things such as crying and being breastfed.

Lovely to highlight differences from before the baby is born to "prepare" the older sibling on what to expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for sharing the excitement of our upcoming arrival, 21 Oct 2010
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
After borrowing this book from the library we had to buy it for my daughter. I have found it really helpful in explaining to her about tiny babies, what they do, and how they are different from "big girls". She loves the book and we enjoy sharing it and talking about what we will do with our new baby. It's also been useful in setting expectations that she will "help me" when the baby arrives (although at just 2 y.o. it's debatable how much of it will actually be helpful...)

5.0 out of 5 stars New Baby Book, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
Bought this to introduce my 3 year old to the concept of becoming a big sister. We read it daily until her brother was born and she was aware of what life would be like in practical terms with the new addition. It covers breast feeding & crying and my daughter has accepted the changes at home as they are exactly as covered in the book

4.0 out of 5 stars Promotes discussion, 7 April 2011
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
This book is excellent for promoting a discussion with your toddler about the new baby. It is not a story as such so you couldn't just read it really. My toddler liked it and we have had some nice talks about his new brother. Something has sunk in because whenever we put the baby in the car seat my toddler tries to help carry it as can be seen on the cover of the book!

My New Baby
My New Baby by Rachel Fuller (Board book - 1 May 2009)
3.59