‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars new version of a classic, 3 July 2009
M. Andersen "Margret" (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) (Paperback)
This is a really lovely version of the classic tale. It retains all the elements that have made it so beloved by little children and the idea of lifting the flaps at the right moment gives an extra thrill. My little grandson of two and a half loves it and is beginning to chime in with the rhyme - run, run as fast as you can... He also enjoys finding the fox on every page. This is a winner and I am looking forward to exploring some more from the same series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to recommend this book, 7 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) (Paperback)
This is an excellent version of the story, which is nicely illustrated and produced with a nice sense of humour. It is easy to recommend this book for children and parents alike! The lift up flaps are integrated into the story very well. We love reading this with our child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 30 July 2011
This review is from: The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) (Paperback)
I am delighted with this book! Having bought a few of the flip up fairy tales for my own children I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. This book is heavier weight and fuller than I had expected and so it has passed my expectations.
My only regret is that I didnt purchase one with the accompanying CD which I will aim to do in future.See product below.
Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Flip-Up Fairy Tales)
I also bought run run as fast as you can from Orchard Toys Run, Run, as Fast as you Can! and the 10cm gingerbread man cutters to complete the activities in my afterschool club. Kitchen Craft Cookie Cutter - Gingerbread Man, 10 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars The Gingerbread Man, 12 Jan. 2010
Pat45 "Pats" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) (Paperback)
We quite enjoyed this book. We enjoy reading Lift the Flap books with our Grandson. The flaps were not as ambitious as in some books, Chicken Licken by Jonathan Allen is the benchmark for Lift the Flap books, did not reach that standard. Nevertheless we enjoyed reading it with our grandson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 May 2010
Excellent book, was my son's favourite for a long while. He is 2 years old now, but I bought it for him when he was only 18. He refused to listen to anything else apart from this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gingerbread Man, 7 Sept. 2009
F. J. Black - See all my reviews
My 4 year old loves this book and CD. Although he can't read he follows each page turning over the flaps. It's great value, a book and CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) (Paperback)
My children love this book and we read it most nights my son particularly loved the " run run as fast as you can" lines and gets excited when there coming up in the book.
Beautifully printed and the pop up pages are a bonus.
Would recommend this book to anyone with children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, nice simple story, 15 Jun. 2012
Kirsten Tiger (barcelona, spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) (Paperback)
This story is simple but really well told. The gingerbread's boastful, cheeky character and the fox's wily character really come through. The pictures are really nice too, I like the way the fox is in the background stalking the gb man from the start.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but a livelier CD would have made it 5*, 9 July 2012
The book is great, with super graphics and a lovely up-beat story. Whilst the CD is ok, it's just a direct narrative of the story with no music or sound effects. (I'm sure the voice of the 'little old man' and the fox is the same person too..?) Following the previous reviews, I bought this for my just-two-year-old twins thinking they would enjoy listening to the CD, however, I think I'll need to leave it a little longer before introducing the CD as it just wont hold their interest at present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always good!, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) (Paperback)
Always a winner. We enjoyed 'spotting' the fox on all the pages and looking at the flip out pictures. A great bed time read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales)
The Gingerbread Man (Flip-Up Fairy Tales) by Estelle Corke (Paperback - 1 May 2007)