Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 12 June 2010
This book drills you in the benefits of the fourth commandment, but it left me unclear as to the take home message and any purposeful use from this text. Having endured the dense discourse drably portrayed over the 150+ pages I found myself wearied. There are early skirmishes about the disagreements between Sabbatarians and Non-Sabbatarians and you can easily guess how little help this brings the masses!

Whilst I found the chapter on Hebrews 4 of benefit, beyond this I struggled.. This is a stale serving of conservative theology that lacks any cultural lens. It is negligent in offering any attempt towards application. There are no practical helps offered as to how any reader could cultivate a Sabbath lifestyle. With many other authors having covered this topic so much more thoroughly, helpfully and succinctly, the result may be as Matthew Hale stated: 'a Sabbath profaned, whatever be gained, is a sure forerunner of sorrow.' Alas Mr Weber, there was little gained in your work.