5.0 out of 5 stars You could hear a pin drop...
...apparantly, when this story was read out in nursery. My 4 year old took this book in to nursery, and the ladies had to read it 3 times in the one day due to the requests from the children - they've never had such a response to a book!
Charlie has this little sister, Lola - and it's not easy getting her to bed as she says that she'll "probably still be perky...
Published on 19 Jun 2002 by Raistllynn

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring
I was a bit disappointed with this book. My granddaughter wasn't that enamoured either.
The text wasn't very clear either
Published 11 days ago by joanna edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Charlie and Lola: I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed (Paperback)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 5 year old niece and she loved it! Very good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bedtime story, 6 Aug 2013
4 year old loves this at bedtime. Can't go wrong with Charlie & Lola. Great illustrations & a story most kids will love.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have, 1 April 2013
L. Teasdale (UK) - See all my reviews
Perfect bedtime read. Got a boy and a girl, they both love it. I love Lauren Child's quirky style. Fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 3 Feb 2013
My daughter loves this story, it's really helpful for shifting her from being defiant at bedtime and instead using story to enter into her world.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am not sleepy and I will not go to bed, 28 Jan 2013
My daughter loves Charlie and Lola stories. Good to read before bed. Easy to read with child. Coloured pictures big letters good action. is keeping your child attention

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Read, 4 July 2012
As with all Lauren Child books this is well written and easy to read. My 3 year old son loves to have Charlie and Lola at bedtime. He likes the pictures and story. I find them amusing to read which is always good when it's requested over and over.
The price was really reasonable.
The story is about an older brother, Charlie, helping his little sister, Lola, get ready for bed even though she doesn't want to go. My son loves the silly things that Lola makes up to stop herself getting ready.
I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars siblings, 2 Feb 2012
I bought this book for two of my four children as my girl aged 4 and my boy aged 1 1/2 enjoy the dvds.when I started reading it to them my older - 5 yr old boy enjoyed it also. It is similar to the dvd, id is good to read with children because there are lots of pictures for them to follow and the words are fun and at their level. Also my boy takes long to go to bed so ti is appropriate for him. I recommend it for all lovers of fun family time.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, 16 Jan 2012
My little girl loves Charlie & Lola! We went to see a puppet show of this book, so my little one was very pleased when Father Christmas gave her this book! It also came with a free poster, a real bonus!!
Highly recommend this book to any Charlie & Lola fans!

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE POP UP, 8 May 2009
This is a review of the pop up version of this story. Sometimes, but only sometimes do the pop ups work. They are technically very good (if they work) but, even with careful adult handling, our copy of this book did not work even the first time (though pristine and cellophane wrapped). Some pop ups no longer pop up at all. This was a bit disappointing, especially given the price. The story is good and if all the pop ups had worked this would have been a wonderful book (hence the three stars - for story and ambitious paper engineering!) but better to buy the ordinary version.

Pop-ups that do work: The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Beautifully engineered pop up that works reliably.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit mad, but my daughter likes it, 6 Jun 2004
Half expecting it to be more like "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Book?" (which is BRILLIANT), I didn't find it as exciting or funny but more, well, weird. I mean, Lola (the main character) is a bit of a crazy-minded individual - but having said that, my 3 year old loves her. Obviously kindred spirits. Despite that, it enchants, delights and involves the reader (in this case, the listener). The illustrations make up for the odd storyline, so all-round it is a good book but perhaps only appreciated by the age-group on which it is aimed.

ARRAY(0xace09618)

Charlie and Lola: I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed
Charlie and Lola: I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed by Lauren Child (Paperback - 18 Oct 2007)
3.86